7. Popcorn = Widow?

Start from the beginning

Kid, sometimes running away from your past is just gonna make it worse.

Is there a way you can face it? Maybe talk about it with someone?

———–—˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚ ———–—

Natasha felt kinds hypocritical, telling Popcorn to face her past, when she wasn't the best at communicating either.

After all, everything she did had been avoid the topic of the red room with anyone who ever asked. The only one who really knew was Clint and even he didn't know everything.

Still, maybe Popcorn was different, even though something told her she wasn't. Something about her reminded her so much of herself, almost as if a little piece of their past was identical.

Popcorn🍿

I don't have anyone left

And therapy isn't for me. Too invasive

Oh.

You know what?

What?

You and I are kinda similar in that way...

Why? Did your mother abandon you at birth too?

Did you bounce around Foster care for 6 years too before you finally found a home with parents who loved you just so they die after 8 years?

Did you get betrayed, abducted and treated as a weapon by someone you thought you could trust too?

Yes to 2/3 things...

I'm sorry.

I shouldn't have overreacted like that..

Its fine, kid. I know it isn't easy to live with a past like that

Thanks for understanding

Any time, kid!!

————–˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚ ————–

Nat stared at her phone, re-reading the texts, over and over again. The similaries between this girl and herself were striking.

And then it hit her. The similarities between Popcorn and the 'girl with the magic thingy' as Tony called her, were too prominent to be coincidental. Again, the thought crossed Natasha's mind ; what if Popcorn was their widow?

She was just about to text her again, when she hesitated. If she just dropped the bomb at Popcorn without real evidence, she'd for sure deny any affiliation with the widow on the loose, even if they were the same person.

So, Natasha began the fact check. She scribbled down anything that added to the puzzle of the widow's identity.

Stab wound at the lower abdomen. (Past) affiliation with the red room. Sassy way of talking. Even the nightmares Popcorn had described could be added since Natasha knew escaping the red room didn't come without consequences.

And then there was the fact that their widow had powers, while Popcorn hadn't directly described possessing supernatural characteristics. Natasha skimmed their conversations once more in hopes of stumbling over an indicator.

There it was! Popcorn repeatedly talked about doing everything in her power to block out the contents of her nightmares. Mindcontrol in herself and others. This was it, this was the evidence Nat needed to be absolutely sure.

She rushed to the door, when she was met with baby blue eyes staring at her. Steve Rogers aka Captain Amaerica aka her kinda boyfriend.

,,You okay, Tasha?"

He asked, worry swinging in his voice as he studied her face. Natasha contemplated shrugging it off since all this wasn't actually proven.

Steve raised an eyebrow as he placed a hand on each of her shoulders, gently trailing them down her arms. He could feel her stress, but didn't wanna pressure her into telling him anything.

,,I was texting Popcorn again"

Nat revealed, her eyes fixed onto her notepad. The more she thought about it, the more everything began to make sense.

,,And?"

The supersoldier inquired, rather confused looking. He hadn't yet made the connection between the assasins online friend and their widow.

,,I think shes our widow"

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

A/N: Ba-dun, the connection is made, Natty found out about Saylors little secret :)
Will Natasha confront her, will the avengers finally figure out how to catch her or will Saylor forever find a way to escape them?
Meanwhile I'm still sick, so idk if there'll be a oneshot on Thursday, but in the meantime, you've got this :)
Anyways, lmk how you liked it, I hope you have a great day/night, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33