The Precarious situation

"So what were you doing out here?" I asked.

Derrek was in front of me, pushing away leaves and following the tracks of the tribe.

Before we headed out he said he saw where the tribe went and thats the direction we were heading.

"Well, seeing that my option was either hide until I die of starvation I decided it would be best to actually look for help, see if the boat had come or not."

I nod even though his back is facing me.

"So why did you-" He stretched his leg over a huge bush. "-Come out here?"

My hands tighten around the straps of my bag.

"I mean I'm sure that big lug of a guy had some sort of hiding place for you, he probably could've taken you to the beach."

"No, we couldn't go to the beach yet. I had to get my bag, I mostly wanted my phone and walkie-talkie." I pulled out the walkie-talkie and waved it in front of my face.

Derrek abruptly stopped, his head whipping around to face me with an expression of surprise on his face. That surprise quickly turned into excitement as he realized that I still had my walkie. "You still have your walkie-talkie!" He exclaimed, attempting to take it from me. "Maybe you're not as dense as I thought!" He said with a mocking laugh, laughing at me when I immediately moved away and made him lose his balance. "I came back to the temple to try and find everyone's walkie, cuz mine broke-"

"What are you doing?" I gave him a taunting smirk. "If you broke yours, I don't want you near mine."

Derrick lifted himself back up, his expression turning to one of frustration and annoyance. "You don't even know how to use that thing!"

"I-I can figure it out." I quickly looked at the bulky walkie-talkie.

Ok now how do you do this, I know Mrs. Sinclair turned the knobs...

He snatched it from my hands. "If you haven't noticed we are in the middle of the jungle on a savage Island, we have no time to wait for you!"

I pout but watch as he correctly turns the knobs.

"You have to switch it to the public channel, after all, we've all been on private."

It started making static noises when he did. "Damn...of course we are too far from anyone or anything."

"So it's useless?"

"No, it's still very important, if a boat comes by, then we can definitely make contact with it."

I slightly smile. Maybe there's hope for us after all.

He then proceeded to walk.

What was he doing? I gripped his shoulder. "Can I have my walkie-talkie back?"

He shrugged off my hand. "No, because I don't want to miss out anything if you have it and also I'm in front."

I rolled my eyes as we started to walk. "What does that have to do with anything?"

His pace quickened. "Man, you are annoying, could you stop questioning everything I do?"

I cross my arms and look to side, my eyes following a purple butterfly. "I would if your actions weren't so questionable."

"You are one to talk." He retorted with a slight chuckle of disbelief.

"What is that supposed to mean!"

"It just means you are always a tricky lady, always making my life difficult or hard."

I roll my eyes. "You are just mad because I'm not Mrs. Sinclar or any women thats wrapped your pretty little finger."