Chapter 32

AAROHI

AAROHI

As I watched Siddharth and my brother approach, a knot of stress tightened in my stomach.

What had they discussed? Siddharth's reassuring smile eased my nerves slightly, but the uncertainty lingered.

My brother insistence on returning home felt like a cold splash of reality, and despite my protests, I knew it was inevitable.

In the car, Siddharth's hand found mine, a silent rebellion against Rohan bhai's disapproving glare.

I leaned closer to Siddharth, my voice a whisper, "What did you talk about?" His reply was simple, "Everything is alright, no need to worry," but it did little to quell the storm of questions in my mind.

The journey in Rohan bhai's private jet was a blur, exhaustion taking over, and I drifted into sleep on Siddharth's shoulder.

When I awoke to his gentle tapping and soft call, we had arrived. The familiar sight of home brought a mix of relief and anxiety.

Stepping out of the car, my grip on Siddharth's hand tightened, a lifeline amidst the whirlwind of emotions. He offered a quiet assurance, and together we faced what was to come.

I entered inside and first thing I saw was my family members sitting on the living room as soon as they spotted me they faces lift up.Everyone immediately marched towards me.

My mother's embrace was both a comfort and a reprimand, her worry evident in the tightness of her hug.

"DON'T EVEN GO LIKE THAT YOU HEAR ME?"Mom said with a authorative tone

I just nodded with guilt.

One by one, everyone expressed their relief and their scolding, a chaotic symphony of love and concern.

Then, their attention shifted to Siddharth. My mother's smile and gratitude towards him were a balm to my frayed nerves.

But it was Rahul's blunt revelation of my love for Siddharth that shattered the momentary peace.

The room fell silent, every eye on us. Siddharth, ever the pillar of strength, spoke up, his voice steady as he declared his love for me and his vow to protect me above all else.

My father's offer for Siddharth to stay was met with a polite refusal, and with
lingering look that held a thousand unspoken words, Siddharth left.
What happened?

Did Bhai said something?

Why did he left like that?