Hugging in The Hall: Halt x Reader (Fluff)

Details:
Halt is Female
Reader is Male.

"Why... Why did I agree to do this..? What have I gotten myself into?" Y/N asked himself. He has been trapped in the hotel by his so called friends, and he had escaped death twice.

Y/N was on the brink of insanity. The Gray thing could show up any second now, and if it appears again, he will keep on trying to get out of this place, alive at least.
And so, it happened; The lights flickered, longer than usual. Y/N waited... And waited... But the screaming didn't come.

"What the hell..? Wasn't that thing supposed to zoom past me?" Y/N asked, confused, and so he proceeded to the next door, but he would find himself in a very bad situation...

As soon as Y/N stepped foot inside the next room, he got teleported to a dark and long hallway, being illuminated by an unknown blue source of light, faint, but a source of light, and he knew he was in trouble.
"Oh God... What am I facing now?" Y/N asked, running forward, but he would get caught off guard after a laugh came from behind him, sending shivers down his spine.

Y/N would turn around to see what was behind him, but he saw nothing, but after he looked forward, Y/N fell to the ground, startled after seeing something rather... Scary; A cyan ghost, with two glowing eyes, slowly floating towards him.

"S-stay away!" Y/N stuttered, still lying on the ground. The blue ghost kept getting closer and closer, and Y/N kept crawling backwards, but always facing the monster.

As this chase kept happening, Y/N noticed that the ghost was trying to say something, but all he heard were faint whispers, and he would often hallucinate words, like 'halt' or 'stop'.

"...Please..." Y/N said, after he got cornered against the previous door, now locked for some reason. "...Please don't hurt me..." Y/N said after he saw the ghost getting closer and closer, but when he closed his eyes, Y/N expected his death, but what he would get was much better.

"...I'm not a foe... You can trust me..." The ghost said with a somewhat female voice, looking at Y/N, who was curled into a ball. "...Why are you... Helping me..? A-Aren't you supposed to k-kill me..?" Y/N shakily said, still taken aback by the fact that the ghost can talk and has empathy.

"...I was supposed to do so, but I've been feeling lonely recently..." The ghost admitted, settling down in front of Y/N. "L-lonely..?" Y/N asked, confused.

"I need company... I just want someone to chat..." The ghost said, their blue diamond shaped eyes facing downwards. "Oh... Maybe we can make small talk or something..?" Y/N suggested, unsure of what to think of the 'friend' he just made.

"...Thank you. Thank you so much." The ghost said, their tone of voice switching from monotone to joyful. "You can call me Halt." The ghost said.

"Y/N. Nice to meet you, I guess?" Y/N said, still taken aback by the current situation he's in. "Y/N... What a lovely name!" The ghost said excitedly. "Thanks? I doesn't feel like much, but thank you, I guess." Y/N thanked Halt.

Halt and Y/N chatted for a while, sharing secrets and their lifestyles, and their newly created friendship was intensifying, both of them feeling content and happy with the time they were spending together.

"Yeah, that's pretty much how living here is. Roaming around is just boring, and I just have nothing much to do here." Halt admitted, slightly sad. "Wow... Must be really hard to have such a boring lifestyle... Have you tried running out of this hall?" Y/N asked Halt. "I did, but I just can't because something is just stopping me from leaving." Halt admitted, her tone of voice evidently sad.

"Dang..." Y/N said, an awkward silence filling the ambience. "...Is there any way I could I don't know, make you feel better?" Y/N asked, feeling empathic for Halt, seeing how lonely she is.

"...I always wanted to experience a hug... Could you hug me..?" Halt responded, her tone of voice slightly pitched. "If it makes you feel better." Y/N said, approaching Halt, and hugging her.

"You actually have a solid body... I thought I would phase through you." Y/N said, surprised. "It's a surprise for me as well." Halt said, extending her (invisible) arms and hugging Y/N back.

Y/N and Halt stayed hugging for a while, both of them whispering comforting words and enjoying the sensation of warmth the hug was giving to both of them.

"...You better?" Y/N asked, letting go of Halt. "Yeah... But could we do it once more..? I've been kinda needy right now..." Halt said, clearly flustered about what she just said.

"...Of course." Y/N said, hugging Halt once more. "...Thank you..." Halt responded, her voice showing gratitude.

Both of them stayed like that for a long, but very long time, and both of them sat down on the one of the corners of the hall, still holding each other.

"Thank you for keeping me company, Y/N. I really mean it." Halt said, feeling more attached to Y/N than ever. "No worries, Halt. I can keep you company as long as you want." Y/N responded, resting his head on top of Halt's, making her slightly blush.

They slowly started to drift off to sleep, still on eachother's arms, and both of them ended up falling asleep, cuddling on the carpet.