# 7 - LOVE (Monologue)

In the absence of a poem this week, here is a little something I wrote in the heat of a moment once, in the context of this picture (on Pinterest).

Someone FINALLY said it. I have ALWAYS been trying to say that our bodies are less of a vessel and more of a hindrance to true love. I cannot see your soul. I'll lose you someday because the body will wither and I never got to see your soul, so how will I hold it, find it ever again? Even physically all we can do to the extremes is an acceptable form of cannibalism. Kisses, bites and hickeys. Lips, neck, cheeks, vulva, hands. But you will never even know the sweetness and heat of my blood, let alone the complexities of my mind and soul. The physical ISN'T enough! I'm a hungry woman. I need MORE!”

“You will never convince me that in this cycle of the universe dating back billions of years, it is enough – these few decades of physical, superficial love. The squeezing of bodies, and biting of skin in dark will only ever remain a mocking; a desperate attempt at love. But, oh then, if you're to LOVE me and not merely fulfil my physical needs, strip down. Down and down. More and more. And some more. Until there are no more layers and our naked souls are standing before each other. Vulnerable, intimate.”

“I'm a woman built by my faith and religion. Shaped by an ill fascination for the grotesque, the haunting, the erotic and beyond all the movingly artistic. So if you lovingly put your unsheathed dagger in my chest and pull out my beating heart, only to feel the warmth of my blood, I think I'd forgive you. What is a little exchange in Love, when it has gone beyond bodies?”

Safe to say I'm obsessed with a certain theme in my writing. Love, blood, fruits, flowers, physicality, casual or otherwise, is like a weird mix in my head.
I am aware I am pretty dramatic smh. I'd still like to listen to reviews 🫀.

If you like Historical Fiction drop by in my other book NEVER YOURS//YOURS FOREVER

namitalunkadthis account