Chp-2: Memories

Eliza along with Cady went to Liam's room and opened the album which contained pictures of Jennifer. Li always said that Cady had her Hazel eyes. " She was so beautiful.." Eliza said, with tears rolling down her cheeks. Cady nodded and they continued to view the picture. Jennifer had long brown, wavy hair, and thick-long eyelashes. Cady said " Look! There's Li!" Eliza chuckled and said " He was so handsome at that time.." Liam had dirty blonde messy hair and green eyes, " He never grew a beard? Always clean shave?" Eliza replied, " Yes...he hated beard, whereas our dad, wanted Liam to have a beard..." Eliza sniffled and chuckled and said " But, Liam was always very stubborn! So he refused to grow a beard, and so he went against dad's wishes...no one really went against dad's wishes, but Liam...he was one of a kind.." Everything fell silent...Cady, breaking the silence said "I should go now...I have to study Chemistry too." Eliza nodded. Cady kept the book back in the closet and left the room. Eliza stood there, looking outside, the sky with its horizon colored orange-yellow, the green trees blossoming with pretty little flowers and the birds chirping beautifully. Eliza removed a book from the closet named 'Imaginarium', she opened the book but quickly closed it, "No...no...Eliza, think clearly" she murmured.

Cady entered her room, but suddenly, she saw a blurry figure outside her window.

"Oh Li, if you would have been here, you would have told me a story to keep my mind off such things.." She thought. Cady asked in a trembling tone "Hello? Who's there?" there was no reply. Cady moved forward and the figure disappeared. She ran towards their garden and looked everywhere, but no, that figure just disappeared.

Eliza was in the kitchen and she saw Cady moving here and there in the garden and called out to her "Cady! Remember you have to study Chemistry too! Come inside!" Cady disappointed from not finding that figure came inside and walked towards her room. Cady took out a photo of Liam from underneath her pillow and was looking at it. Her eyes became teary and she quickly wiped them and put the photo of Liam back to its original place as soon as she heard rapid footsteps approaching. The door creaked open and there was a man standing with a gun in his hand. Cady screamed and got up, she repeatedly screamed Eliza's name, but the man said in a teasing tone "Oh no...but Aunt Eliza is gone!" and started to laugh maniacally. He grabbed Cady by her arm and took her downstairs, and there she saw Eliza dead...she was shot. Cady screamed and tried to free herself from that man's grip, but her grip got stronger. That man said "Now listen! If you don't want to end up like your Aunt, then quickly give me that book" Cady looked at him in fury and shouted, "What book!?" The man chuckled and said "Clever, clever girl! You too know very well which book I am talking about...the Imaginarium, give it to me!" Breaking free from the man's grip, Cady shouted, "I don't know any book named Imaginarium!" The man said, " Tell me honestly, or I'll send you where your mom and dad and aunt are!" Cady shouted once again " My dad is not dead!" The man chuckled and said, "That's what you think!" Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and Cady rushed to open it, the man ran behind her to catch her, but Cady was slightly faster. She opened the door and was shocked.