Chp-9: Echoes of Two

It was midnight and moonlight fell on Cady's face. She opened her eyes and looked towards the wall clock. Slowly she got, up picked up the book, and walked downstairs. She quickly cooked herself some noodles and sat in front of the television. After her 'dinner' she walked towards her room with the book and sat on her bed. She yawned, kept the book on her nightstand, and got under the sheets.

The Next morning, when Cady woke up she found a furry animal, just like a big puffy cotton ball, sitting on her chair. She screamed and the animal hopped and let out a small shriek. She then noticed small golden wings that fluttered open. Cady got out of her bed and moved towards the creature, she looked closely at it. The animal had blue eyes, crystal blue eyes filled with silver glitter dust. It also had a small puffy tail with a shade of gold at the end. Cady was mesmerized by the creature, suddenly, a page shimmering grabbed her attention. She picked it up and began to read it-

Dear Cady,

This is me, Liam. I know everything seems confusing right now, but you are brave and intelligent, and you'll know what to do. The very very cute creature in front of you is Fuzzball. She is going to be with you at all times. Even, she is also going to help you in the Imaginarium. You have to come here, Cady...You have to find me, and once you do, I'll explain everything to you...but be careful, Taurus will do anything to stop you from meeting me, plan everything wisely, and think of the repercussions of all your actions.

P.S. I have full faith in you, dear. You can do it!

Love,

Liam

Cady's eyes watered up. She looked at Fuzzball and picked her up, delicately. She hugged her tightly and sniffled. Fuzzball brought her comfort, but suddenly she felt a wave of agony. It was for Anthony and Katie. She felt very close and connected with them, and how Anthony died and Katie betrayed her broke her heart. She kept telling herself not to think about them and focus on her powers, but still, she couldn't get them out of her mind. Their voices echoed in her mind. The blurry image of Katie comforting her when she was scared like anything and Anthony being a little bit sarcastic with her kept running through her mind all day long. The fact of Katie being left there in the Imaginarium with Taurus haunted her even though she betrayed her. She kept telling herself to stop thinking about them, but she failed.

The sun's fiery embrace was softening and the world slowly entering the twilight reverie. It was the time when dusk was unfurling its dusky cloaks. The nocturnal beings were preparing for the night, and everything was falling silent. Cady was reading the Imaginarium with Fuzzball cuddled to her side. She was indeed learning a lot about her powers, and so she decided to practice them tomorrow. Her hands were all cold as she was scared about messing up, but she collected courage and decided to wake up early in the morning and practice her powers.

At 10 o'clock, she decided to call it a night as she had a long day ahead of her. She yawned, closed the book, and walked upstairs, toward her room with Fuzzball fowling her, the tipper-tapper of Fuzzball's small feet echoes throughout the house. Cady got under her blanket and held Fuzzball close to her. She was all nervous and anxious, but after taking a few deep breaths she sighed and closed her eyes and imagined what would be the reaction of Liam when he found out what she could do and how she saved everyone from Taurus's cruel rule and how happy they both would be. Suddenly she saw Anthony's face and he was shouting at her "I told you to take care of my Katie! You failed!" Cady whispered, "No, no!" then Katie appeared in her imagination and she said, "I thought we were good friends! You call me a betrayer? A traitor!? You are a traitor!" Cady was shuddering, she sat gasping and after a few deep breaths, she said "Katie betrayed you, Cady! Anthony may be involved in this or not, but don't think about them! Think about Liam, Cady!" She lay down, closed her eyes tightly, and slowly dozed off to sweet slumber.