Chapter 170: Punishment Concluded / End of V5

Start from the beginning

Several more hours passed, and the night sky slowly brightened until the artificial sun activated again, releasing a soft but bright orangish light that illuminated the entire clan, signifying the start of a new day.

Glancing at the morning sun, I looked back over to the cauldron, noting that only two hours remained until Mandy's punishment would have finally concluded; and just like that, those two hours passed by relatively quickly for me, though I'm sure for Mandy it must've felt like days, or possibly even weeks.

"Twenty-fours have passed; Calida, you can stop now." Stated Elif as he suddenly appeared standing beside the naked Calida, who nodded in response to Elif's words.

With Calida retracting her flames back into her body, I got to bear witness to the black cauldron, which was now bright red from the high temperature. Just as I was about to signal Illumia to go and retrieve Mandy since, unlike Marley and Idonea, she was much stronger than me. However, before I was even given a chance, I heard a splashing noise, and a few seconds later, I spotted Mandy's figure appear amidst the dense steam as she left the cauldron and floated toward the ground while dripping wet, each drop burning deep into the ground.

"I've fulfilled my punishment, your Highness." Declared Mandy solemnly as she floated to the ground and kneeled before Elif.

Eyeing the bright red Mandy, whose skin was blistering, I lightly sighed while shaking my head as I approached the kneeling Mandy.

"Yes, I watched it, though we will speak later; you should rest and recuperate; you may have handled the punishment rather well, but I'm sure it still took an immense physical and mental toll." Said Elif with a slight smirk as he stood just before Mandy and gently placed his hand atop her shoulder.

The moment my palm touched her shoulder, my hand was engulfed in a burning sensation as smoke emitted from my melting hand; yet, not once did I flinch from the pain of having my hand melted, though I will say it was indeed painful.

"Y-Your Highness!" Exclaimed Mandy in concern when she felt Elif's hand melt the instant it touched her shoulder.

"Hmm, what is it, Mandy?" Replied Elif with a light smile as he swiftly retracted his melting hand and hid it behind his body along with his other hand, which was perfectly fine.

"Are you okay, your Highness? I could feel your hand melting atop my shoulder!" Asked Mandy worriedly as she looked at Elif's calm face.

"You're worrying too much, Mandy; it was merely some slight burns, that is all; now then, stop thinking about other things and do what I said. Calida, if it isn't too much trouble, could you assist her? Once you're done with that, come and see me, I'll have to reward you for your efforts," Stated Elif softly while shaking his head before glancing at Calida.

"Yes, I don't mind assisting her, your Highness." Replied Calida with a nod while swiftly putting her clothes back on and approaching the concerned Mandy as she helped her stand up from the ground that was turning into lava.

While Calida and Mandy, who left a molten footprint, entered the house, Illumia approached me while glancing at the hand that I had hidden away.

"Are you alright, your Highness?" Asked Illumia seriously while glancing at Elif's hand that he had stopped hiding.

"I'm sure, as you can imagine, having your hand melted isn't exactly the most pleasant sensation; though, it's not like I haven't experienced more pain than this. My first Heavenly Tribulation was very painful; after all, I nearly died." Remarked Elif lightly with a slight chuckle while looking at his palm, which had been completely melted, and in its place was his skeleton visible for all to see.

"However, look at you, Illumia; clothed and all, what a surprise. Had enough of being an exhibitionist?" Added Elif, changing the topic to something joyful.

"It depends, your Highness; have you had enough to see, or would you like to view upon my bare body some more?" Replied Illumia with a slight smirk of amusement while deciding to forgo speaking about his hand as she pulled down her shirt, partially revealing her voluptuous breasts.

"Hehe, not at all; I have no interest in old women such as yourself." Remarked Elif with a mischievous smirk as he headed toward the residence while an annoyed Illumia followed behind him.
___
___

It's been a few days since the cauldron burning; everyone has rested and fully recuperated. Currently, we are at the peak of the volcano the Phoenix clan inhabits as we are about to leave the clan after staying here for a couple of days longer than I had initially envisioned.

"It was a pleasurable experience, Hayat, and I suppose the next time I'll be seeing you is in a couple of years." Said Elif while fanning himself with his quạt tay while standing before Hayat, Patriarch Renata, Zanga, a few other important people, and surprisingly, Spica.

"I just hope next time, one of our own doesn't suddenly attack you." Replied Hayat with a slight smile as his words caused everyone to glance at Spica in the distance.

"I'd prefer that as well." Remarked Elif while looking at Spica in amusement before ignoring her and approaching his carriage.

Entering my carriage, I spotted Marley, Idonea, and Illumia sitting on one side, prompting me to sit on the other side as I leaned back and gave one final look out the window.

"Heh, see you in four years, Patriarch Renata." Announced Elif with a sly smirk just as Zulo and Zala disappeared into the distance, his words causing Renta to sigh.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 248: Tainted Silver) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 130: From Above?) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 224: Did Scar Lose? Well, Technically...)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 194: Four Horsemen Defeated) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]