Chapter 5

Cody headed back to his two siblings, admittedly somewhat shaky. His head was racing with ideas and possibilities of what could have started the fire, and what could have created the claw marks gouged into the side of the overhang.

     His dad had arrived with Chase, Graham and Boulder not far behind. The family was crowded around Graham as the people who had been at the campsite dispersed. As Cody came closer to his family, he caught the conversation happening among them.

     "See, with the skematic here," Graham was saying. "The pipe shouldn't have been able to burst at all. In fact, it was practically brand new!"

     "The same thing happened with the roadblock east of here," Chief admitted, crossing his arms. "There were no signs of any loose rocks a few days ago. Today, there were huge rocks blocking the road, took me and Chase a good while to clear the area and make sure there were good supports to keep more rocks from falling."

     "The fire looked like it had just started when Heatwave and I had arrived. It was pretty easy to put out, but I'm not sure what could have caused it," Kade said, still keeping his smug look while sounding worried. Cody went up to his dad and tapped his shoulder. Chief Burns looked down at his son.

     "Dad," Cody gave a small shudder before continuing. "There were what looked like really big claw marks in the rock near the campsite. I think you should take a look."

     Chief Burns looked over at where the campsite was, then at his family.

     "Come on, we have something to look at before we head home."

Griffin Rock's Secret: A Cody Burns Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें