𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈

"I believe there may be a leak in our sources." Persephone's words rang through my ears throughout the night. I was unable to be productive that day due to this rather peculiar revelation.

"Find out which warehouses were broken into and bring me back the intruders alive." I ordered Derton, my now personal bodyguard or assistant. "Also have they all reached yet?"

"Yes boss, to both the questions. They all are waiting for you at the meeting hall."

I nodded my head in acknowledgement and dismissed him. I hope that the intruders will be before me by tomorrow or I will have to discard of some of my men.

I reached the door to the conference hall and took a deep breathe, mentally preparing myself for the chaos that would be inside about right now.

Reaching the handle for the door a bullet whizzed past my head, making a hole on my precious door. 

I opened the door to see Vivienne holding a gun to Vincenzo's head while elaborately cursing at him. Alexander was laughing his ass off and almost fell of the chair next to Cameron who was busy watching Netflix on her PC.

Vincenzo who saw my face first immediately straightened up and nudged Vivienne to look over. Vivienne looked over with a menacing gleam in her eyes which immediately turned frightened realizing who she was looking at.

"Boss! You're here." Vivienne exclaimed and put the gun away from Vin's head while muttering some curses at him. Cameron who noticed my presence earlier, stopped her Netflix show and went back to working on her PC.

"Save the formalities. This is urgent." Alexander stopped laughing and turned serious.

"What happened boss?" He asked.

"Reports have told me that some of my warehouses have been broken into. Does anyone have any explanation to that?"

"All the reports from them have been the exact same, there's not been a single suspicious activity during our inspections either." Vincenzo stated. "It seems unlikely for there to be any infestation..."

"All the online documents and transaction details have also been the same for a long time. There hasn't been a single hidden transaction either. If you want I could search for any hidden overseas accounts but by the way things look, its rather odd." Cameron said still looking at her PC.

"Boss if you need anyone to dispose of the traitors, I'm always here." Vivienne said raising both her hands.

"What happened to the Thorne situation Vivienne?" I questioned her remembering the incidents of last night.

"Don't worry. The bastard in such a place that no one would be able to find him again even after searching the whole of the planet." Vivienne replied smiling so wide, one could almost have mistaken her for an innocent person, if it weren't for her eyes which gleamed a sadistic light.

"Suitable." I looked over to Alexander, who seems most satisfactory for this job, "Derton will be done with the reports by tomorrow. Go to the infiltrated warehouses and assist Derton in bringing the invaders."

"Yessir. One question, who the fuck is Derton?" Alexander inquired.

"He is my personal bodyguard, I will inform him of your involvement at the latest. And remember, you have to work with him not fight."

"Yes sir. Consider it done."

"Cameron, find the overseas account by the end of day, I trust you will do it." I looked over to Cameron.

She mumbled a quite 'yes boss' and went back to staring at her screen.

"What about me, boss?" Vincenzo asked beating Vivienne to it who looked like she wanted to say something.

"You and Vivienne will be in charge of getting information from the moles. Use any methods necessary, but keep them alive." I instructed them very carefully. Last time I left them with such a job, all 80 of the suspects ended up dead.

Fun times.

"Yes boss! You can count on me-" "Us." Vivienne started but was interrupted by Vincenzo. "Yes, Us." Vivienne gritted out forcefully.

"That covers about everything, you may leave." I dismissed them and started walking to the door, hopefully a few warehouses have been discovered yet.

❖❖❖❖

Bustling voices, people running around tending to luggage, that one woman arguing for a pointless refund. The calming scent of the familiar fragrant.

The lobby of the Phantasm Hotel was as busy as ever.

The largest and most expensive hotel in Italy right now, owned by the multimillion company CS. Overlooking the Adige, it has the most beautiful sceneries for any romantic night. The rooms are each accompanied by a butler who is ready to assist 24/7. The cost for even a night at the Phantasm is probably worth more than what a common worker earns in a lifetime. This hotel can also be called, my house, my abode, or the place where I live, unfortunately. Unfortunate about the living not the place, the house is quite exquisite.

I entered my private lift and went up to my suite. Undoing my tie, I stepped inside my house and locked my door before being faced by a knife to my throat.