𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I entered the room with Vincenzo on my side. The large tapering pillars were adorned with vibrant red roses and rose gold ribbons, the ceiling decorated with fluttering butterflies. What else could I expect from the Christian Callister.

The sound of our footsteps echoed throughout the corridor, building up our awaited arrival. We stood in front of the grand doors of the ballroom where Alexander pushed the doors open and we entered the party an hour after it began.

All eyes turned towards us, some amused, some offended but the most worthwhile one would be the one on Christian's face, burning with fury. A slight smirk came on my face as I walked towards the bar to grab a drink. 

"Always be fashionably late to your enemy's events." Mothers wise words. No wonder she did it so often, it's quite enjoyable.

I sipped on my drink as I let my eyes roam around the room filled with guests from the noble families. Should I make an acquaintance with them?

Nah too much effort.

I shook that thought off of my mind and went back to searching for my target. I kept searching through the room till my eyes locked with 'her.'

Wearing a royal purple mermaid dress, my target talked with some insignificant noble boy, with her eyes still locked with mine, making no move of coming near me. 

Hah? This woman has some guts to behave with me like that.

Our eyes were locked for an entire minute till her husband came and took her to the corridor. 

My eyes never leaving the sight of my target- Juliette Callister.