Chapter 5

We rode in silence the rest of the drive. I was speechless after his last comment. Call my boyfriend? Was he serious? And tell him what exactly?

"Yeah hey Will, Devon here, yeah so we will have to break up now. Oh why you ask? Well you see I was bought and now 'belong' to this other guy, who is I guess jealous of you or whatever. So yeah, that's all! Okay cool. Bye"

I felt my heart flutter faintly when I thought about what he had said last night in the midst of our passionate... Whatever it was. 'Or I'll beat his ass and make you mine.' I shook my head and quickly replaced the feeling with anger while clenching my fist. I stared hard out the window, realizing we were coming to the end of our travels as we pulled up a very long driveway, similar to my own.

I couldn't help my eyes from widening when my eyes saw the house... Mansion... Castle? That was coming in to sight. It faded when I heard Lincoln smirk, but I was still in shock. What I saw was indescribable, I was used to luxury homes, hotels, vacations, but this was like all that wrapped in to one home. It had to be 10, no, 12 rooms. Surrounded by all kinds of trees, 6-car garage, a guesthouse, guards posted several places around the property, and that was just the front of the house.

The car came to a stop by the front door and another man in a suit came and opened the door. I awkwardly got out and stood there staring at the mansion as Lincoln got out of the car and walked passed me.

"Let's go." One of the suits said. I gave him the side eye then slowly followed in through the double doors into the grand foyer. It was as spectacular as the outside, if not more. The ceilings were easily 20 feet tall, cascaded by a beautiful, golden chandelier. Up to the second floor was a double set of stairs, coming together in the middle and also creating a beautiful doorway to one of the livings rooms below.

"Follow me." The suit was at the bottom of one of the set of stairs; Lincoln had already gone somewhere else. I really couldn't wrap my head around any of this. I looked behind me to see if I could run, but as if reading my mind another guard stepped in front of the door, arms casually draped as his hands came together in a fist.

I turned back and followed the first guy up the stairs and to the right, followed by a series of twists and turns. This place was a maze. Finally we came to a large door in what I imagined was the right wing of the house.

"Here you go. Stay here until your things are delivered. Someone will bring you food." He said matter-of-factly.

"Ok." I pushed open the door and quickly shut it behind me, leaning my head against the wood and taking a deep breath.

I turned around and once again was shocked at the beauty of this house.

What in the hell does this guy do for a living?

I tried to remember what he said the other night, but nothing specific was coming to mind. The main focal point of the room to me was the giant floor-to-ceiling-window with a window seat. I gave a slight sigh of relief when I saw it; I love window seats.

Standing at the door, the king-size bed was to my right, the window was directly in front of me, and to the left was a double vanity sink. To the right of that was a door to a massive walk-in closet, and to the left of the sink was a door leading to the rest of the bathroom. It was like my own little oasis. I could feel my unease start to settle, if this was the place I had to stay I would just never leave. Then I realized the lack of a kitchen and I got a knot in my stomach again. I had no idea how this was going to work, was it like prison? Just brought a tray of food and forced to eat it while locked in my room? I had so many questions that seemed like they would never be answered, I was out of options at this point. At least that's how it felt.