Clash With The Past

After their successful job interview, they were handed a contract Gon had Leorio go through. He read it seriously, before nodding with a smile.

"Seems good."

Killua sipped on his soda.

"The second part is interesting."

Leorio looked at the contract, and read that section out loud.

"Whatever object taken off of the game will belong to mister Battera?"

Nahida nodded at Killuas suspicion.

"For it to exists, he must want something specific inside the game."

Killua was sure that old man wanted eternal youth or something like similar. To waste so much money on expeditions to find game items, he sounds insane. Even to an assassin.
Gon took the contract back.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't matter."

His eyes shined brightly along with his smile.

"I'm not interested in any item. I just want to know more about Ging."

His excitement was sclear to everyone. Leorio gazed at him with a fond look. Nahida didn't realize she had also smiled while looking at him.

Even though she normally wouldn't care about the items either, if it can help her reach Sumeru, she'll have to find a way to bring it back.

After dinner, Leorio left them to continue his medical studies. Without much time, they hurried to the meeting place Tsezguerra had told them about. Riding the elevator, and entering a dark room with only the blue light coming from the many computers resting above the desk. Each one had a console where Greed island could be played in.
Tsezguerra crossed his arms before explaining.

"You will enter one at a time. Only when the screen doesn't display 'tutorial' can the next player enter."

As for the order, rock, paper, scissors was suggested. Gon won first place, Killua got 17th and Nahida managed to get fifth place. While Gon used the memory card Ging had left him to enter the game, Nahida took her phone out and texted Wanderer.

'We'll have to communicate with Neo from now on.'

Wanderer felt his phone buzz, prompting him to check it. Once he saw Nahidas text, he understood she was going to enter greed island. He glanced at the sleeping Kite in front of him, then at the night sky.

He always knew Teyvats sky was fake. But he never realized the difference between them. Seeing all these lights, different colors with white dots all around them. Forming shapes he never got tired of finding. This is definitely, the only thing he'll miss about this world.

His phone buzzed again, but it wasn't Nahida.

'Kurapika
I can't sleep.
How about you?'

Wanderer answered him, and kept his eye on the phone.

'Wanderer
I don't sleep.
But you should.'

'Kurapika
Right, I forgot about that.
I'd like to sleep, but I can't.
There's a lot of things on my mind, can we talk?'

Wanderer hummed before replying.

'Wanderer
Text?'

'Kurapika
Yeah.'

A full minute passed as Kurapikas speech bubble showed.

'I keep having nightmares whenever I sleep. Of my clan, their missing eyes, they shout at me while I give her.
My employer, one of their eyes.
I wake up after some shouting.'