Chapter 29

✨CHAPTER 29✨

Hailey couldn't help, but tear up, as she watch Mike reunite with Eleven, the two embracing each other tightly, she was glad that the girl was alive

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for..." Mike says, pulling away from the hug, as Eleven cut him of tearfully. "353 days. I heard." She says, having Mike look at her surprised. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" He asks.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper spoke up, surprising everyone, he walks closer to the girl questioning her, "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" Eleven questions right back, hugging the man, Hailey had to say even tho he hid her, she was glad to see the girl had an adult figure in her life.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike says, pushing Hopper's shoulder. Hopper turned around grabbing his shoulder. "Hey! Let's talk. Alone." The man says, as they made their way to will's room out of earshot from the others.

Lucas and Dustin didn't hesitate to pull the girl into a hug. "We missed you." Lucas states, pulling away from the group embrace.

"I missed you, too."

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin admits, with a smile, catching eleven's attention as she puts her finger against his white pearls.

"Teeth." She mutters.

"What?" Dustin asks confused, Hailey left Steve's side joining the little group as she spoke up, "Yeah, he has teeth, and he never shuts up about them."

"Hailey!"

Eleven practically jumped the teenage girl, happy to see the most kind and caring person she has ever met. "It's good to have you back." Hailey mumbles into the girl's hair, that grew out slightly. Steve still admired how much these kids adore and respect the girl.

"Eleven? Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Max spoke up, grabbing the girl's attention, her hand stretched out for a greeting, but eleven completely ignored her, walking past her towards Mrs Byers.

Hailey noticed the conflicted look on the girl's face, she placed her hand on her shoulder in a comforting way. "Don't worry about it too much, she'll come around, she just takes awhile to adjust to new people." Hailey told the girl, having her nod her head in response, surprised the teenager was even speaking to her, since she has been ignoring the middle schooler since the junkyard.

Mrs Byers took Eleven to see Will as she has requested, after another tearful greating between the two.

Everyone ended up surrounding the table once again, as Hopper sighs, at the plan that was laid out. "It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." He says frustrated with the plan already.