Chapter 7

✨CHAPTER 7✨

Dustin filled Hailey in over breakfast about everything the boys found out about the previous night with Eleven, and that they were all meeting up at the power lines by Mike's house after school, so that Eleven can show them where Will was apparen...

Dustin filled Hailey in over breakfast about everything the boys found out about the previous night with Eleven, and that they were all meeting up at the power lines by Mike's house after school, so that Eleven can show them where Will was apparently hiding. "I'll meet you guys there as well, I'm not letting you guys go out there alone." Hailey told her brother in concern for their safety. "Yes Ma'am." Dustin said running out of the house. Hailey also got up. The event with Steve the previous night playing over in her head.

Hailey finally arrived at school, she thought it best to stay away from Nancy, she really pissed her off the night before. Barb was nowhere to be seen either, not even in the classes they usually had together. It had Hailey a bit worried, Barb wasn't the type to miss school at all.

Lunch finally came, Hailey was sitting by herself in the cafeteria like she does every other day. She was shocked when Steve and his two followers sat down, joining her. She looked at the three weirdly, wondering why they sat by her in the first place.

They started having a conversation about science. Steve secretly kept stealing glances at Hailey wondering if what she told him was true. "That's why science doesn't make any damn sense to me." Tommy said.

"Science doesn't make sense to anybody, except those who think they're above God or God's themselves." Hailey said cutting into their conversation. The three looked at her shocked, surprised she said anything at all. Hailey looked up seeing them all staring at her. "What?" She asked confused. "Uh, nothing. Just... just surprised you actually spoke." Steve said.

Carol suddenly puts her foot on the table. "No, I swear. Look at this. It's totally frostbite." She said, pointing to her foot. Steve gave half of his pudding to Tommy. "Oh, thanks man. It's a heated pool." Tommy told his girlfriend. "Well if it's not frostbite, then what is it? Carol asked. Nancy finally joined the group, taking a seat on the other side of Steve.

"Ugh, I don't care, what it is, it's disgusting. Get it off the table. We're eating here." Steve snapped at the girl. Tommy tried touching it with his spoon, Carol slapped his hand away. "Ew." Hailey was secretly laughing at the two.

"Hey, Tommy. When you left, did you see Barb?" Nancy questioned, striking a nerve in Hailey's spine.

"What?"

"Barbara, she's not here today." Nancy said.

"Now you care?" Hailey asked looking at the Wheeler girl. "Excuse me?" Nancy was confused. "Oh, so your playing innocent?" Hailey wasn't planning on staying quiet today. "Because I don't have an idea of what your talking about." Nancy said looking at Hailey. The Henderson girl started laughing scaring everyone at the table. "You didn't care last night, you told her to leave, because having sex was way more important than your best friend." Hailey snapped at her, irritated by her ignorance.