Chapter 16

✨CHAPTER 16✨

Hopper had to take the long way to the Byers household, to make sure they aren't being followed, so they arrived when the sun was already down

Hopper had to take the long way to the Byers household, to make sure they aren't being followed, so they arrived when the sun was already down. Hailey saw people running out of the house getting out, she saw Mrs Byers, Jonathan and Nancy.

"Mike. Oh, my God. Mike!" Nancy says, running forward, pulling her brother into a hug. When she pulled away she looked him straight in the eyes. "I was so worried about you." She says to him.

"Yeah, uh... me, too." Mike states awkwardly, not use to the affection coming from his sister.

Jonathan ran to the older Henderson, glad to see his friend was okay, pulling her in an unexpected hug shocking the girl. "I'm glad to see your okay." He says to her. Hailey saw Nancy staring at them, jealousy swimming in her eyes, it had her chuckling softly. "Of course I'm okay, I gotta keep an eye on my boys." Hailey says winking at Dustin and Lucas.

"Is that my dress?" Nancy asks, staring at Eleven, no one gave her an answer, making their way into the house. Joyce and Hopper immediately started questioning them of what they knew, Hailey told Mike to explain to them about the gate first.

"Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat.
Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea.
And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding.
Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space." Mike explains with the drawing just like their teacher explained to them at Will's fake funeral.

"A gate." Dustin states.

"That Lucas tracked down all the way to Hawkins Lab." Hailey says proudly.

"With our compasses." Dustin says, making the other sitting opposite of them looking at him in question, they didn't understand what he meant by that.

"Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of a compass needle." Dustin tells them.

Hailey noticed that the chief attention was only on the girl, a curious look on his face.

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asks, the question directed at Eleven only.

"Yes." Eleven answered him softly.

"Near a large water tank?" He asks her again.

"Yes."

"How do you know all that?" Dustin stutters out, the group staring at him, wondering how he could know something not even they knew.

"He's seen it." Mike states in realization, Hopper silence gave them the confirmation that Mike was correct.

"Is there anyway that you could...that you could reach Will? That you could talk to him in this..." Joyce tries asking the girl, but the woman was tripping over her words, struggling to finish the sentence.