chapter 2★

(Which Kanade are you?)

Kanade pov.

I arrived at lunch and took my seat.

I wonder what's so important for almost all of the important people in the kingdom to be here.

Normally it would just be some of them now and then, but it seems like everyone is here.

"I see that you have arrived." There stood my prime regent. My parents had put a person named Toya Ayogi, a former knight, in this position because he was trustworthy and had a very high rank. Plus I also overheard that he was very smart.

"Yes, now may I ask what is happening that is so important for all of these people to be here?" I asked

"Well, do you know the kingdom next to us, our ally?" Toya questioned.

"Yes I do, I think their family line names are the Ashinas if I am not wrong."

"Well their son, Mafuyu Ashina, is about to turn 18. This means that once he turns 18 you two will be able to see each other daily."

Mafuyu Ashina...I wonder what he looks like, I've only heard nobles describe him as a kid with many talents. They always said so many good things about him. Maybe he can teach me how to be as great as him.

"When is his birthday?"

"It is in two weeks."

"Alright, I will find a suitable gift for Prince Mafuyu and we shall celebrate his birthday in two weeks."

I started to stand up to immediately start looking for a gift but was stopped by Toya.

"That's not the only reason why I called you."

I turned my head up to face him, "What do you mean by that?"

"Up until the time of his birthday, you two will be training and having meetings together so you can be familiar with each other."

"I see, well then do we start tomorrow?"

"Yes, you need to wake up at 7 and be ready by 8"

I nodded my head at him and started to think about a gift instead.

Maybe when I talk to him more I'll know what to give him.

"Kanade, lunch is prepared, do you want to eat today?" My chef asked

"Yes, just put it on the table."

My chef then walked back to the kitchen while I ate.

Time skip to 8 pm

Everyone else in the castle was finally asleep. I quietly went over to my desk and lit a candle. Recently I have been growing a liking for the piano.

I had composed some music sheets earlier and wanted to continue them. I look underneath my bed to grab something special.

It was a music box my parents had given to me when I was little. At least they don't have to see what I've become.

I was so heartbroken when I saw them lifeless on the ground, it felt as if all the air inside my lungs had made its way out of my body.

I cried my heart out until there weren't any more tears left in my eyes to cry anymore.

I cried until I couldn't feel my face anymore.

I cried because I was so foolish to not save them.

I grabbed the handle of the music box and started to turn it.

It had a mesmerizing melody that sounded like it had given me life itself.

This song has always given me a new hope to keep on going.

The melody felt so nice.

After letting the music box play the song I started to go through my stacks of music sheets.

My actual dream would be to be able to play at least one of the many songs I composed on an actual piano.

I wonder if Prince Mafuyu also likes music.

Maybe we could compose a song together.

.

.

.

Oh who am I kidding, he probably enjoys reading more than silly little music sheets I've made during the night.

I want to continue this one song that I named "Kanadetomosusora" I had my piano sheets ready but I wasn't done with the lyrics yet.

To be completely honest, I don't know what to write about yet.

Maybe I can find my inspiration from a couple of books in my mini library.

I walk across from my desk, over to my collection of bookshelves.

One hour later

Ugh...how long has it been? I got off the floor to look at my pocket watch.

It has already been an entire hour? Even after an hour, I had yet to find a single topic that interested me.

Maybe I can go for a walk around the town later and find some inspiration there.

No wait, I can't, Prince Mafuyu is supposed to train with me tomorrow.

Sigh, I guess my song will have to wait.

I start organizing everything back into its place, the books back on the shelves, my pens in their case, my sheet music stored away, and most importantly, I carefully stowed away the music box under my bed.

Then I went on top of my bed and under the covers. I wonder if Mafuyu and I will be friends, maybe even best friends.

It would be nice to talk to someone other than Toya, not saying that he's bad or anything.

As I started to drift off into sleep my final thoughts were placed on Mafuyu Ashina, the prince whom I would meet soon daily.

902 words (will be casually just checking for errors, you can tell me if you finally any aswell)