Episode 5: Love And Comfort

Start from the beginning

Halime: What are you doing here?

Kosem: Why did you lock my sons up? Release them now!

Halime: Kosem, looks like you forgot! I am the Valide now, not you!

Kosem: I know you are punishing me. But this is too much. What was Sehzades fault?!

Halime: Your Sehzades are not too innocent either. Sehzade Osman made my son fall sick once, I would have punished him that day if Mustafa didn'r stop me.

Halime: And your other son, Sehzade Mehmet, I got to know he is in contacts with the Jannisaries, I am sure he is planning to dethrone my son.

Kosem: You fool! He is doing that for Sultan Mustafa. He wanted to know more about the Jannisaries and their weapons, so that's why Mehmet approached them as he is in good terms with them.

Halime: Don't make excuse,  Kosem.

Kosem: We know who are the ones making excuses. I was worried Sultan Mustafa may not handle the throne well, due to his condition, but now I realized the problem isn't with him but you! You are interfering too much and seems like you will bring his downfall!

Halime: Leave here! You are not allowed to come here anymore!

Kosem: All you can say is leave!

Kosem goes angrily.

Nurat: Valide, I don't think its right to lock the Sehzades up. The Sultan wont like it.

Halime: I am just locking them in the room for a few days.  At least they have each other. They locked my son up for 10 years, he lived alone in that room all those years! Can't they even stay for 10 days?!

Nurat: But Valide..

Valide: You said you are on Mustafa's side right?!It was Mustafa who approved this.

Nurat: What? But why?

Valide: Don't question a Sultan's decision.

Halime leaves.

Nurat: Menekse Kalfa, what actually happened?! What got Valide so mad.

Menekse: Actually what happened was Valide found out Kosem had a secret council in the Jannisaries place. Her son was with her too. Only a Sultan can have a council. This is why Valide punished them.

Nurat: If this is true, then I get why Valide was angry. But still locking the Sehzades up is too much. They were not the one who made the mistake!

Menekse: We cannot do anything about it. It's her decision.

Nurat goes away disappointed.

In the council meeting,
Musfafa is in the council meeting and he is fidgeting with his ring.

The Pashas are all standing in a line. They address the council.

Mustafa listens to them and tries to understand.

Davut Pasha agrees to take a look on this on Mustafa's behalf.