Episode 1: The New Girl

"I, Chloe. As a child, I had the best time of my life. I was the pampered only child of my dear mother and father. But that one dark day, my life changed...

Our house was on fire. My mother was stuck in it. I was outside with my father. He ran inside to save my mom. But they both got caught in the fire. I stood there helpless and saw my parents and whole world burn infront of me.

I was scared. I hid in a corner and cried. I saw a hand. It was my uncle. He took me in his care and raised me. I was now in the age where I understood everything. He was away mostly so I spend most time with my aunt. She never treat me as her own and always made me work and insulted me. The work didnt matter to me, the offending words did.

Unfortunately, I lost my uncle too. The only person alive who cared for me. My aunt took the chance. She exchanged me to some guys for some money. I begged her, she didn't listen."

Just then I see splashes of water.

Guy: Wake up!

Chloe's POV
I opened my eyes and I looked around. I saw many helpless girls around me, mostly of my age, and some elder. They looked sad, no one was happy. So this is where I will be now. Staying with my aunt was no less miserable, at least now no one is there to say hurtful words to me.

Chloe: Where am I?

Guy: Constantinople. This is the slave market. Here girls are being sold. Sometimes to normal people, if they are lucky then some Pasha.

Chloe: What is Pasha? I don't want it!

Guy: Yes, yes you will belong to a Sultan!

The guy laughs mockingly and goes away. I didn't understand the language the public was talking in. I looked at a sad girl being bullied by other girls. I could relate to her and felt so bad for her.

Chloe: (protecting the girl) Stop it!

Lady 1: Oh look it's the new girl!

Lady 2: She have come to save the day!

They came to bully me. I wasn't afraid I was used to it. The slave market owner who knew my language came back.

Guy: Don't form a crowd! All go back to your places!

The girls did. I went to the sad girl and asked her.

Chloe: Don't worry, I am here for you. Don't be sad. What's your name? (In Greek)

The girl looked at me confused. We didn't understand each other's language.

Chloe: Me, Chloe.

Angela: Angela.

Angela felt better talking with Chloe. They spoke in gestures mostly due to the language barrier.

In the Palace,
A guy was sitting scared looking at the door. He was in a locked room. And someone knocked the door.

Voice: Sehzade Mustafa, open the door! Sultan wants to talk to you!

Mustafa's POV
"I, Mustafa. Son of late Sultan Mehmet Han and Halime Sultan. After my father's death, I mostly lived in fear. What if my brother kills me one day? I love my brother, Sultan Ahmet Han a lot, but will he spare my life?

My brother locked me in this room which they call Kafes for 10 years. I don't know what was my sin to be caged in the room. What was my crime? To be born after my brother?

I missed my childhood. The time I used to run around in the palaces and gardens. I miss having my favourite roasted chestnuts and playing with Dilruba or the concubines. Especially Kosem Sultan, she took good care of me, and the only one who checked on me those last 10 years frequently.