Fishing Eden

Matt noted that Joshua was deep in thought as he scanned the levels on Eden when he suddenly erupted with excitement. He looked up from his navigation device and beamed at Matt, SP1, Steve and Hymie while prodding a finger at his Navigator. He whispered excitedly: "Guys, guys; check this out!"

The 'guys' huddled in close, and Joshua whispered: "This navigator says there is a water park on level sixty. It says that the level split into fresh water on one side and salt-water on the other side of a dividing barrier."

"One side is ten kilometres of pristine beach on the salt-water side, and there are ten kilometres of riverbank and lakes on the freshwater side. It says that there is 'ample' marine life." The guys and SP1 looked at Joshua with 'So what' expressions, then Matt smiled as understanding dawned on him."

Matt Laughed and whispered: "Anyone for fishing?"

Steve whispered back a little loudly, asking: "How are you going to cook anything you catch." Hymie grabbed his forearm, and when Steve looked at him, Hymie smiled and shook his head at the girls across the room: "Oh, I'm sorry guys," Steve said as he cringed.

Matt whispered: "We have about forty-eight hours here. Let's do it, but it must be catch and release only gents, we're on a ship that provides everything we need. Josh has taken me fishing a few times in the caverns under the lunar city, and it is exciting stuff when you hook up. If these fish have been thriving here all these years untouched, then they must be bloody enormous, and..."

Joshua finished for him saying: "Like my ancient Jedi friend would say... 'They will be unwise in the ways of the rod and lure.' Fellas, I always keep my fishing gear in SHA-01, you know, just in case I get free time when I'm in the lunar city colony. I'm going to get my gear. I have enough for everyone. I'll be back in a jiffy."

"Wait," said Matt: "SP1, can you kindly go with Josh. He might drift off into space if he's lugging all that gear by himself."

SP1's face bowed, and he whispered: "My pleasure, I'm excited too, I just viewed some of my data on fishing, and I want to try it as well. Let's go, Josh."

Steve whispered with 'unfeigned' surprise: "SP1 manages to leave me amazed at least once a day." Hymie nodded.

Susan saw Joshua and SP1 were about to leave and said: "Wait."

Josh whispered to SP1: "Oh, great. There goes the fishing... Bollocks."

Susan walked up to the men with her arm through Sharon's and said: "If you gents don't mind, we girls want to attend the shopping mall on level ten. I can't believe there's a whole shopping mall on a ship. It says there are automated beauty treatments and a day spar with auto-massage tables." Susan put on her prettiest pout: "Will you please let us go, handsome man?"

Josh had his back to the boys, so he put his hand behind his back and gave the thumbs-up sign: "That's fine. The boys and I will go check out the lake on level sixty. It has a ten-kilometre-long beach, so we'll be back sometime later tonight."

Sharon exclaimed: "Yes! Oh, thank you Joshua. Let's have a girl's night out Sharon, we'll grab Calemon and go out to one of these restaurants for dinner and dancing. See you later boys."

The girls left, and Joshua sauntered over to his friends: "That was hard guys, but I managed to convince them that it was in their best interest to let us go." The group were really impressed, but SP1 said: "Yeh, sure, and my overly large Graviton Ram is a kipper."

There were a couple of snorting laughs from Steve and Hymie. Steve turned to Hymie with an exaggerated look of surprise and then back to SP1 and said: "SP1, that was the best 'spur of the moment' rude fishing joke I think I've ever heard. It was funny. It was funnier because it came from a sentient AI."