Chapter 15: A Melody Broadcasted Live

Author's POV

The national music show studio buzzed with nervous energy. Cameras swiveled, lights glared mercilessly, and the roar of the live audience filled the air. Stray Kids, dressed in their sharpest attire, stood backstage, a mixture of excitement and apprehension etched on their faces.

Tonight's interview was a big deal. It was a chance to showcase their talents and promote their upcoming comeback to a massive audience. But for Bangchan, tonight held a significance that went beyond music. Tonight, he planned to play the melody that had been lingering in his heart.

Melody, granted special access as their unofficial "muse," sat in the front row, her heart pounding a frantic rhythm against her ribs. Her eyes, filled with a nervous anticipation, scanned the stage, searching for Bangchan.

As the intro music faded, the group appeared on stage, their smiles brighter than ever. The host, a bubbly woman with an infectious energy, launched into the interview, asking questions about their new album, their creative process, and their journey as a group.

Each member answered with wit and charm, their camaraderie evident for all to see. Finally, the host turned her attention to Bangchan.

"Bangchan," she chirped, her eyes twinkling with amusement, "we heard you had a special someone who helped you through your recent health scare."

A warm blush spread across Bangchan's cheeks. He glanced towards Melody, their eyes meeting for a fleeting moment. He took a deep breath, steeling his nerves.

"There is someone," he began, his voice surprisingly steady for someone about to confess his love on national television. "Someone who has been more than just a friend. Someone who has been my rock, my confidante, my... lucky charm."

A collective gasp rippled through the audience. Melody's face flushed crimson, a mixture of shock and hope swirling within her.

"But..." Bangchan continued, his gaze unwavering as it fixed on Melody across the vast space, "lucky charm doesn't quite capture it, does it?"

A hush fell over the studio, the only sound the frantic beating of Melody's heart.

"You, Melody," Bangchan declared, his voice thick with emotion, "you're the melody that fills my life with color. You're the inspiration for my music. You're the reason I smile brighter, the reason I push forward every day."

He paused, letting his words sink in. Then, with a voice filled with sincerity and a hint of nervousness, he confessed, "Melody, I love you."

The studio erupted in cheers and applause. Melody, tears welling up in her eyes, stared at Bangchan, her heart overflowing with a joy that seemed to defy words.

Cameras zoomed in on their faces, capturing the raw emotion playing out in their eyes. The interview continued in a blur, the questions and answers fading into the background as the melody of their love echoed through the studio.

Later, after the cameras stopped rolling, Bangchan rushed towards Melody, his eyes sparkling with a mixture of relief and hope.

He cupped her face in his hands, his touch sending shivers down her spine. "So," he whispered, a shy smile gracing his lips, "what do you say, my lucky charm?"

Melody, tears glistening in her eyes, reached up to touch his cheek. "About time you confessed, Bangchan," she replied, her voice trembling slightly. "The lucky charm was starting to get impatient."

Their lips met in a kiss filled with the unspoken words they'd carried within their hearts for so long. It was a kiss bathed in the spotlight of their newfound love, a melody played live for the whole world to see.