Chapter 4: Signed, Sealed, Delivered (with Sunshine and Puppy Love)

Author's POV

Weeks flew by in a whirlwind of anticipation. Melody, her ankle long healed, could barely contain her excitement. The day of the highly anticipated Stray Kids fansign had finally arrived.

Armed with their newly acquired albums and a heart full of nervous butterflies, Melody and Beth arrived at the venue bright and early. The energy was electric, the air buzzing with excited chatter and the vibrant colors of countless SKZOO plushies clutched by fellow STAYs.

"Can you believe it, Melody?" Beth practically vibrated with excitement. "We're actually going to meet Stray Kids again!"

Melody nodded, her smile wide. This time, it wouldn't be a chance encounter, a chaotic meeting sparked by a sprained ankle. This time, they were prepared, armed with questions and hopeful hearts.

The hours ticked by as they inched closer to the front of the line, their anticipation growing with each passing moment. They exchanged excited whispers about what they'd say to each member, who they were most looking forward to meeting.

Finally, their turn arrived. As they entered the designated area, a wave of nervous excitement washed over them. There, seated behind a table adorned with colorful markers and Stray Kids memorabilia, were the eight members themselves.

Bang Chan, ever the welcoming leader, offered a warm smile as they approached. "Welcome, STAYs! So happy to see you both today."

Melody and Beth stammered out greetings, their hearts pounding against their ribs. Next to Bang Chan sat Hyunjin, his gaze meeting Beth's for a brief moment, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

The next few minutes were a blur of handshakes, signature requests, and stolen glances. Melody, mesmerized by their close proximity to the idols she admired, could only manage a few shy sentences. But it wasn't about long conversations – it was about the exchange of energy, the shared passion, the brief moment of connection that made being a STAY so special.

As they reached Seungmin, the group's resident puppy, Melody decided to take a chance. "Hi, Seungmin," she said, mustering all her courage. "Your Bbokkari plushie looks really happy today."

Seungmin's eyes widened in surprise, a delighted giggle escaping his lips. He glanced at Bbokkari, nestled happily in Melody's arms, and then back at her. "He does, doesn't he? Maybe it's because he gets to meet all the STAYs today."

They chatted for a few moments about the plushie, a genuine connection sparking between them. For Melody, it was a highlight of the entire experience.

Finally, they reached Changbin, the last member. As he signed their albums, Beth leaned in and whispered conspiratorially.

"Hey Changbin," she said with a playful wink. "Tell Hyunjin his STAY comradery skills are top-notch."

Changbin chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Will do, STAY." He then turned to Hyunjin, who was watching the exchange with a smirk, and relayed Beth's message.

Hyunjin's smirk widened, his gaze meeting Beth's for a fleeting moment before he winked discreetly. The playful interaction sent a blush creeping up Beth's cheeks but also sparked a feeling of excited anticipation.

As they exited the fansign area, their arms laden with signed albums and hearts overflowing with joy, a sense of accomplishment washed over them. They had not only met Stray Kids again but also interacted with them on a personal level, creating a memory that would forever be cherished.

"That was incredible!" Beth exclaimed, practically vibrating with excitement. "Did you see Hyunjin wink at me? And Seungmin was so sweet!"

Melody couldn't help but smile. "It was amazing! And I can't believe I actually talked to Seungmin about Bbokkari."