Part 4

Serenity's POV

When Vaggie woke me up asking if Charlie was in my room with me I knew something was wrong. Vaggie waited for me to get dressed as we went downstairs to see Charlie in the parlor muttering in front of a board with red string connecting things. My heart broke seeing her so stressed and worried. "Charlie?... Sweetie," Vaggie and I called out in sync. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, Charlie!" Charlie muttered pulling on her hair as I went up to her. "You, uh. You good?" Vaggie asked as she turned to us quickly. "Nope, no! Not really! Haha!" Charlie let out a worried laugh as I hugged her. She relaxed into the hug momentarily before she spun back around to her board. "I've been up all night trying to figure out why the hotel isn't working. We've done trust falls. We've tried sharing our feelings. We only have a couple of months left before the angels come," Charlie let out a maniacal laugh as she went demon mode before I pulled her into a hug again. "And at this rate..." Charlie trailed off as Vaggie spoke up.

"Maybe it's time..." Vaggie spoke as Charlie said a quick 'no' as Vaggie continued. "to ask..." Charlie cut her off with, "Don't say it," turning into the hug to bury her face in my chest. "...your dad," Vaggie says as Charlie groans. "Charlie, I know you don't want to, but we need every advantage we can get," Vaggie pointed out as Charlie broke away from the hug. "He let the extermination happen to begin with," Charlie exclaimed before continuing. "They just had a meeting and said, "Go ahead and kill everyone!"" Charlie gasped going back to her board as I smiled at her. "Wait. That's it." Charlie exclaimed. "Kill everyone?" Vaggie asked as Charlie said no before continuing. "He could get me a meeting with Heaven," Charlie stated determination filling her eyes. "Didn't we already try that?" Vaggie asked. "Well, yeah, with Adam, he was an asshole. But he isn't in charge of all of Heaven. We could go to the top! There's sure to be some angels who will listen," Charlie pulled her phone out staring at it as I rubbed her back.

"What's the holdup? You got daddy issues?" Husk asks as Charlie turns around. "No, we just have never been close," Charlie explained as I rested my hand on her shoulder in support. "After he and Mom split, he never really wanted to see me. He calls... sometimes, but only if he's bored or like, needs me to do something," Charlie continues cupping my hand on her shoulder and squeezing it. "Daddy issues," Husk confirmed as I growled at him. "Well, I'd like to meet the big dick in charge," Angel stated as Niffty chimed in with a gremlin giggle as Angel took the knife she had gotten a hold of. "The ultimate bad boy. I bet he's scary." I looked at the contact photo to see a duck with a bowtie and white tophat before Charlie hit the call button, and I seriously doubted the scary part. "Hi, Dad," Charlie said as I saw Vaggie give Charlie a thumbs up. "You know where I am, Dad. I've told you before," Charlie said as I kept the smile on my face for her and rubbed her back. "I told you when you called me five months ago. Or did you not listen?" I looked at Vaggie's face and gestured for her to come to me and Charlie.

"Well, I'm actually running a hotel to rehabilitate sinners," Charlie nodded at Angel who tried his best at a reassuring smile. "Maybe you saw our commercial," Charlie said as she looked at Vaggie before sighing. "Listen, Dad, I've got... kind of a big ask," Charlie says as I squeeze her shoulder reassuring her we are still here for her. "I need to speak to Heaven. Well, whoever's in charge up there, above Adam, above anybody. I need to go to the top," I saw Charlie's smile drop and she looked so frustrated. "Look, Dad. I don't ask you for much. I never have, but this, this is really important to me," Charlie said as Vaggie reached out and took Charlie's hand. "It's the most important thing I've ever done. And... I need you. I need your help." Charlie said as I began rubbing her shoulder. "Please, just come see what I'm trying to do," Charlie said after putting the phone back to her ear and looking at the others. "You'll see why it's a really good idea. And Heaven is bound to agree if I get the chance to talk to them. Please, Dad," Charlie had to pull the phone away from her ear when her dad shouted 'Absolutely!' before hanging up not too long after.