Locomotion

"Multiversal travel?" Everyone in the room waited for either Skylar or Spyro to reply.
"Yeah! We both saw it!" Spyro replied. "They had a huge chamber and everything! They're trying to open a gate to other universes!"
"There's no such thing as the multiverse, Spyro. Maybe what you saw was for something else." Gamma commented.
Skylar intervened. "They wouldn't slap a label with the word multiverse on it then. What we saw was shocking enough, and a major threat."
"What did you see?"
"Laser weapons, anti-gravity engines of some sort, a whole lot of things!"

The room fell silent during that moment, and Sky shrunk herself down. The other thought of this remark, eyeballing one another.

"Could be possible." Von spoke with his arms crossed. "Axiom spoke of secret projects the Protogen were working on besides Project Thunderbolt. Seems as if Sky and Spyro both found it."
Gamma replied. "If it is true, it could be a major threat to the Resistance. We need to stop it."
"And how?" Spyro placed both his paw on the table. "You think they'll just let us go back into that base? Security would've been tighter by now, and I'm sure they've blocked the entrance. We need another route–"
"How about a train?" Von spoke.
"A train?"
"Yeah, a train. I've heard in their reports that they're planning on transporting weapons similar to your descriptions by train, right by Broken Tops. I say, we intercept the train and bring it back here."
"It'll be risky," The old cat spoke, approaching the table. "The damned Empire will surely be ready for another hit, especially from us. We need to hit them when they least suspect it."
"And when would that be–?"
Skylar spoke, arms crossed, just like Von. "The Ragged Mount. If we're looking at the right path, the train will pass through a long tunnel, going through the Ragged Mount. Considering the speed of the train and the length of the tunnel, we should have about 6 minutes to hijack the train. No support of any kind can come and help them. We'll be incognito."
"And how would we get in?" A curious Gamma asked.
"Should be easy," Von came with a quick reply. "I can get whoevers going in some crates that'll be loaded onto the train. When the time comes, you'll bust out and get to the engine."
"And what about when we leave the tunnel?"
"I'll shut off their communications, making it seem like everything's running smoothly. They won't know until sunrise the day after."

Throughout this conversation, Sky presented some doubt in her mind. As risky as it was, she knew it was for a purpose, a good one. The Cause, and the Resistance, and Spyro. His name popped into her mind every time she thought of good. Why, was unknown. It was a blessing for her to fight by his side. Even if they were trapped in a dark crate together for hours on end, she didn't mind the uncomfortableness or the lack of oxygen. Not one bit.

"Hey, you wankers alright?" Gamma's muffled voice came from the crate next to theirs.
"Keep your voice down, 'ey? Guards will hear us–" Spyro's voice was louder, considering he was right next to Sky.
"Right, my bad–"
"So, how are we doing this? Loud and proud, or silent and sneaky?"

Clearly, the others were waiting on Skylar for an answer. She gripped the butt of her rifle, bringing her pointer finger towards the trigger. She saw the faint glare the lights on Spyro's visor gave, and he looked back with a gentle smile. She decided soon after.

"Loud and proud, Gamma–"

The duo could hear Gamma pounce from the crate, quickly firing his weapon towards the unseen guards in the train cart. Both Spyro and Sky followed, firing in opposite directions as the train had just entered the dark tunnel. It were as if she went blind, but knew exactly where the guards were. They shouted to one another, stopping as blood could be heard splattering against the floor and walls, and as the faint lights inside the cart activated, she found herself surrounded by several corpses. She jumped a bit, stepping away from the corpses, and approached the others, standing by the door leading to the following carts.