Chapter 16 | Together, As Two

I walked over to a nearby stone which had a metal rod sticking out, then took a piece of my shirt trying to rip it off. I kept pulling and pulling until it finally let go. The thought of if that man were to do anything I'd have to hurry. I wrapped the cloth around his wound in hopes to stop anymore blood from coming out.

"This is bad...it's not stopping, why?!"

Everything in me was so close to starting to break down. I didn't want to drag anyone into this, yet it happened. I felt so happy to find someone else who understood my suffering. But I didn't want this to happen.

"I'm sorry..."

I couldn't help it...I was crying. "I'm sorry..."

"It's okay,"

That voice. I turned around instantly in tears.

"H-how...are you *sniff* alive...?"

He lifted himself up, his wound stopped bleeding. He smiled, and moved towards me, hugging me so tightly. I felt the warmth from his skin, it calmed me. He stroked my hair, it was so gentle. I can't stop crying.

"It's okay, we're going to do this."

He moved back, giving me enough room to look at his face–revealing a white mark on the left side of his face. The mark took the shape of a thorn bush with rose connecting. His eyes looked so gentle.
"ELIZABETH!!!" his voice shook the ground.

Looking back swiftly, I feared again. His body was greatly being warped by the shadow. "He's coming!" I yelled.

Despite his left arm gone he stood in position. The person once my father was no longer human. Corrupted in his own works, his own creation. It charged forward and enraged, a killing intent–though I didn't fear. He was there. The shadow crept near eye to eye closeness as he dashed forward, even in a split second I noticed a beautiful sword–blinded by a white light after exposing a large wave of energy caressing past my skin.

I felt warm...everything was a blur.

"I did it."

"You did."

"Thank you, for making it possible."

"..."

"Am...I going to finally die?"

"..."

"Not yet, you have so much more in store for you. I will be for you...always."

"..."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"That's something you will have to discover."

"..."

"..."