Chapter 109: It All Leads Up To This

🎶 Part Of Me — Katy Perry 🎶

Early on Sunday morning, I boarded a flight that took me from Lyon to Paris, where after two hours another flight finally took me to New York City. After picking up my luggage, there wasn't a lot of time left, so I had to take a cab straight to the stadium in New Jersey. Italy was playing Ecuador in a friendly and I enjoyed listening to the national anthems, especially the Italian one - it sure was a banger. After a strong display from them, they defeated the South Americans by 2-0 and I wrapped up the post-match interviews without any comments about my relationship status or me needing a holiday. Why did those football players think they could invert roles with me anyways? It's me who asks the questions.

When I was done, I took a taxi back to my hotel, where I quickly got changed before heading to a Vanity Fair event where I had been invited to. Vanguardia Publishing, or better said my PR agent Martina, managed to get the magazine to print the first five pages of my book as a preview in their US edition to start the publicity. My book was being printed not only in Spanish, but also in French, German and English. I was quite popular in Spain already, but we needed to raise the visibility in other countries too, hence the choice of a US magazine for the honour.

 I was quite popular in Spain already, but we needed to raise the visibility in other countries too, hence the choice of a US magazine for the honour

📍 New York, New York
Tagged: dolcegabbana
vicky.hernandez Thanks vanityfair and gucci for the invite 💋 Hurry to your newsstands next week for VF's April issue feat. a preview of my upcoming book! 📖

vanityfair ESTRELLA ESPAÑOLA ⭐️
ireneee.gc Eeeeekkkk so exciting! 🤩
user1 WE ARE GETTING A BOOK!!!!!!!
luislaporta You deserve everything and more
kike_hrnndz Looking good 😘
user2 Look what you're missing pablogavi
lamineyamal Straight out the 003
Replying to lamineyamal:
vicky.hernandez How do you know my post code?
Replying to vicky.hernandez:
lamineyamal Wanted to switch up my celebration to your post code so I could dedicate my next goal to you, but I don't know how to form an 003 with my hands. I'll keep working in front of the mirror 🪞
soyblaugrana Now Lamine too. Damn she got those Barca boys wrapped around her finger

The jet lag was really getting to me, but at least there was no game on Monday, which meant that I had a whole day in NYC before I'd have to leave in the evening. Efficient as I was, I was going to use it to sleep in, treat myself with a healthy breakfast, before I'd head down to the fitness room for a very much needed workout, then I had booked myself a massage at the spa. Yes, it was pathetic to spend a day in New fricking York in your hotel, but for me not having had a minute to myself in the past week, it was a real luxury.

However, I was still laying in bed like a lazy potato in the morning, scrolling through Instagram, when I saw a post that made my blood run cold and my phone slipped out of my hands. The hotel room walls were closing in on me and I had difficulties breathing, but still somehow managed to pick up my phone again that still showed the horrendous image of a crashed car and a picture of Pablo below. The caption was saying that he had had an incident in Seville and was in a coma. Please let this be just fake news.