Chapter 67: Life Must Go On

🎶 Vois sur ton chemin - Techno Mix — BENNETT 🎶

The next morning, I heard loud chatter coming from my living room. I hadn't slept all night, Pedri arrived at some point and apparently stayed over somewhere in the living room, like Chiara, but at least they had kept the conversation as silent as possible. However, more people had apparently arrived by now and they had gotten louder, which made me stand up and open the door to see who it was. I sure as hell hoped Pablo wouldn't show his face here - I knew that Ana was too much of a coward to do that.

Pedri, Chiara, Irene, Ferran and Kike looked at me with worried expressions.
"What are y'all doing here?" I asked.
Irene slung her arms around me and hugged me tightly.
"I never lost hope" she whispered.
"Yeah, but the person I cared about the most did." I answered dryly.
"To be fair, I basically told him you were dead..." Kike said.
"And that gives him a free pass to kiss my best friend two days after that? Who knows if this hasn't been going on for longer? Or if there isn't more?" I shouted now.

"Pedri we have to go now, but we'll be back" Ferran said and pointed his finger at me.
"I also have to get back to work" Irene said a
"As do I" Kike sighed.
"I have the week off, my boss is away, I'll stay" Chiara said and everyone nodded. I rolled my eyes, they really thought they had to babysit me.
"You can get something from my apartment for breakfast" my brother said and Chiara nodded, quickly rushing over and getting some toast and jam.

"Why were Pedri and you together in his car after the game yesterday?" I asked suspiciously as we were left alone.
"We... kind of have something... going on" she admitted.
"Oh wow, another couple my disappearance helped get together. I should have left sooner" I said sarcastically.
"We're not a couple. It's just sex, I made that very clear" Chiara replied and I dropped my knife.
"Friends with benefits? Are you serious? That shit never works out and one of you will be left hurt" I said angrily, how could she be so stupid.
"It just happened, Vicky! We were both emotionally drained, me after your disappearance and him on top of that also for Pabl-. This is not important now however, we should be talking about you" she said and pointed her knife at me.
"Surely not" I said and stuffed the toast into my mouth before returning to my bedroom and shutting the door behind me.

Irene showed up during her lunch break and Chiara had cooked pasta for us three. She had also been grocery shopping apparently as the kitchen was now filled with fruits and vegetables and there was a vase of fresh flowers on my coffee table in the open living room.
"Irene, do you have your work laptop with you?" I asked after Chiara had forced me to sit down and eat something.
"Yeah, why?" she asked me.
"I need to borrow it until tomorrow" I stated.
"For what?" she asked confusedly.
"Don't ask so many questions" I said annoyedly.
"Fine. But I need it back" she said and took it out of her bag.
I was so grateful for those two girls. I was acting all over the place which obviously had its reasons, but they respected that and didn't push me in any aspect. I wasn't ready to open up about something that I was still processing myself. The last 48 hours had gone by so fast and so much had happened on which I needed to wrap my head around. I teared up in gratitude for my two friends that were doing everything they deemed useful for me right now. And I was still confused by that Chiara and Pedri subject, but to be honest, it was the least important thing on my plate right now.

My friends were shooting each other and me glances during the whole lunch and at some point, I got enough and dropped my fork on my plate.
"Fine, what do you want to know?" I sighed and put my head in my hands.
"No... we... don't want to pressure you, you'll tell us when you're ready" Chiara said and shot Irene a death stare.
But somehow, the words flowed out of my mouth - and the tears out of my eyes. I sobbed and forgot a lot of parts, but they got the picture more or less. Both girls were also crying and Chiara took my hand saying: "Vicky... I'm so sorry! The betrayals you're going through: that CIA guy, the state, your boyfriend, your best friend! I wish I could take some of your pain to make it easier"
Eventually, Irene recomposed herself and got back to work, while I went to my room after cleaning myself up in the bathroom. Chiara stayed in the living room and put away our lunch's dishes.

 Chiara stayed in the living room and put away our lunch's dishes

📍 Sevilla, Andalucia, España
Tagged: vicky.hernandez, ireneee.grc
chiara2203 Seville trip last year 💕 So grateful you are back Vicky, we love you so much

kike_hrnndz gotta do a sappy post now too
pedri 🫶🏼💪🏼
ireneee.grc Our supergirl Vicky 💫💫💫
pablogavi ❤️

grc Our supergirl Vicky 💫💫💫pablogavi ❤️

📍 London, United Kingdom
Tagged: vicky.hernandez
kike_hrnndz Best sister itw 🌎❤️

chiara2203 Awwwwwww
alessandrabroja You look cute 🥰
ireneee.grc ❤️❤️❤️
ferrantorres brooooo got sappy

In my room again, I started Irene's computer, opening a blank Word document on which I then started typing. I was so absorbed in my writing, but loud voices pulled me out of my concentration. And I recognised one of those very well. I hurried to the door, flung it open and stormed outside.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I shouted at Pablo.
"I'm so sorry. We were at the Ciutat Esportiva and suddenly he threatened me with his crutches and sat down in my car, refusing to leave until I would drive him here" Pedri explained.
"I just came to see how you'd shred him to pieces" Ferran said with an amused look, which earned him Pablo stomping his foot with one of his crutches.
"OW! You want to ruin all our chances to even dream of winning a title?!" Ferran shouted at him.

"Can we talk?" Pablo asked me and all heads turned to me.
"No. What's there to talk anyways?" I said sternly and his already awful-looking face filled with tears.
"I- I'm sorry, I thought you were dead and... Ana... she was just... there... and" he stammered, but I cut his pathetic ass off.
"There's nothing to say. You betrayed me in the worst possible way. You can leave." I said sternly.
He knew it was pointless to argue with me and Pedri accompanied him out, probably having to drive him home. I returned to my room and continued what I had been doing until my parents showed up in the evening for dinner and Chiara left.

It was very silent, even though my parents tried to find out what had happened, Kike hadn't told them about the Pablo and Ana thing and I was very thankful for that, or my father would strangle him single-handedly.