Discipline

Asa slammed the table and looked up at Avery. "Look what the cat dragged in," Avery said with a smirk.

"What a lovely afternoon it is," Asa responded, trying to maintain her composure. "Well, it was lovely until I saw you, Avery."

"Stop acting like you are something," Avery snapped, her tone cutting.

Asa chuckled in response, but before she could say anything else, Aunt Laire appeared and grabbed her hand tightly. "Asa, isn't it time for class?" she asked, her grip uncomfortably tight.

"Yes, madam, but could I finish this fiiirr..." Asa's voice trailed off as she caught sight of Samantha, the eldest daughter of the duke, was a woman of unparalleled beauty that was the talk of the town. Her curly silver locks cascaded down her back in waves, and her deep blue eyes shone like sapphires. Her striking features were the envy of every woman and the desire of every man who laid eyes on her. She was married to Count Mark, a man who was fortunate enough to call her his wife and bask in her radiance every day.

"Let us get going," Aunt Laire said, pulling Asa toward the dining room. The room was huge, with ornately detailed chairs and a perfectly carved table. "Take a seat," Aunt Laire instructed, and Asa sat down, crossing her hands.

However, before she could settle in, Aunt Laire took out a long wooden rod from her purse and hit Asa in the back. "Sit up straight," she said in a strict tone, and Asa instantly sat up, her back throbbing.

"Cross your legs," Aunt Laire said, hitting Asa's leg with the rod.

"Ugh, why did you have to bring the rod?" Asa groaned as she crossed her legs.

"It's discipline, Asa. Now, which fork is for what?" Aunt Laire asked, and Asa rolled her eyes.

"That's not important," she muttered, but Aunt Laire hit her in the back again.

"Ouch!" Asa screeched, feeling the pain ripple through her. "You were assigned to me. Either you go with it or get disabled," Aunt Laire said sternly, and Asa knew she had no choice but to comply.

sorry this chapter came later than I thought.