Oh who is she

Asa's sudden outburst took aback Maria. Confused, she asked, "W-what?" But Asa's response was anything but kind. "Are you deaf?" she sneered. "Were you not listening to our conversation?" Maria could feel the blood rush to her face as Asa's cold stare bore into her. Trying to explain herself, she stuttered, "N-no, I-I just..." But before she could finish her sentence, Asa cut her off again. "Oh, now you can't speak either?" she spat. "Oh great, we're here. Time for me to be disabled." The hostility in Asa's tone was palpable, and Maria felt a knot form in her stomach. The carriage drew to a halt in front of Aunt Laire's magnificent mansion. The structure was awe-inspiring, with its rectangular shape perfectly built from bricks. The mansion boasted numerous windows, and the roof was adorned with lush, verdant plants, making it look like a stunning garden. The vines were expertly trimmed and flowed in perfect harmony. Alexander jumped out of the carriage and extended his hand to Asa, but Maria snatched it away and walked beside him instead.

Alexander's response was cold. "That was for Asa," he said.

Maria smiled and said, "Won't you help your sister?"

The tension between them could be cut with a... Suddenly a knife flew past them. It then landed on a beautiful purple umbrella.

"It looks like you really didn't want to come, Asa," a low, feminine voice echoed against the carriage wall. "You almost disabled me."

"I wish I did," Asa mumbled. The woman in front of her was tall and beautiful, with light brown hair neatly tied up in a bun. She plucked the knife out of her umbrella, tossing it to Asa.

"You need better aim," the woman said.

"Shut it, Nancy!" Asa complained.

"Are you ready for Manners class, Asa?" the woman asked.

"You know the answer to that," Asa said coldly her eyes pinned on the woman.

The woman smiled warmly and gestured for Maria to follow her down to the party. Alexander trailed behind them. As they walked, a woman leaned in and whispered, "Isn't that Asa over there? She's much prettier than I expected."

The woman's comment was met with a hushed reply from someone else, "Yeah, but I heard she has to get manners lessons."

Suddenly, a woman with long, luscious blond hair and striking blue eyes cackled loudly, drawing attention to herself. "Can you believe that she is the Duke's first son? She doesn't even look like she can read!"

Just as the woman finished her sentence, a hand slammed down on the table where she was sitting. The force of the impact caused her to jump in surprise. "How about you speak louder for all of us to hear?" a deep voice growled.

The woman looked shocked for a moment, but then she regained her composure and smirked as if daring the person who had called her out to say something else.