The vampires eyes go wide, he shakes his head and pushes me away.

"No."

I walk back towards him.

"But you said.."

Nico waves his arms cutting me off.

"Yes that's how it works but I'm not turning you."

Something snaps.

"Why? You need me to be weaker than you that badly? I've already shown that I'll stay! You don't need to use force!"

My yelling echos in the closed room.

He looks horrified.

"No! I don't want you to suffer! Being a vampire means living forever, I'd be sentencing you to eternal life. You don't deserve that."

Oh. Somehow the thought that I'd have to live forever hadn't sunk in for me.

I pause.

I've given up so much to be with Nico.

What's my life?

"I want it. Please. That way we can be together, no more imbalance or worrying about you hurting me on accident."

Or on purpose, I think, but I don't say it. He already knows.

Nico stares at me, his eyes are guilty but there's something else there as well. Excitement, maybe.

After a long moment he sighs.

"Okay... I'll do it, but not until the end of the day. Make sure you want this, Will." His voice is serious and slow.

I smile.

"Thank you, Nico."

I sit down on my bed, after a second Nico joins me.

"Turned vampires don't age at all right?" I inquire timidly.

He nods.

"So you'll age slowly but I won't?"

Nico sighs and shrugs.

"It's complicated," he explains, "I'll age a bit more, not much, and then I'll stop. Turned vampires like Dusty won't age at all. If you make that choice it'll be the same for you."

I nod laying my head on the vampire's shoulder.

"Will I have to drink blood?"

I feel him hesitate, but he nods.

"Yes, as will Dusty after he turns sixteen. But you won't need very much, you can drink from me if you're okay with it."

The thought of drinking from Nico makes me slightly sick, but I keep it to myself.

"I can still eat gas station food though?"

Nico laughs and shoves me gently.

"Yes, you and your beloved Twinkies will not be separated."

I chuckle.

"You're the one who bought a few hundred of them, I'm just making sure your stash won't go to waste."

He groans.

"Look, to be fair I thought all food was the same."

I shrug.

"It's all the same mix of chemicals anyways, you weren't exactly that wrong."

The two of us lay down on the bed.

We rest in silence for awhile until I break it.

"What if you stop loving me after you turn me."

Nico pulls me over to him and kisses me on the forehead, his eyes worried.