Hangout With the Queen

Before I fell from grace, my biggest dream was to become a singer. I loved singing as a kid, and back up in Heaven, I had once been part of a choir. My parents encouraged me to sing, thinking I could become part of the Grand Heaven Choir that praises God and his works in the Empyrean. But I didn't just want to do that. I wanted to sing what I wanted to sing from my heart. And I could do that, don't get me wrong, but my parents were constantly pushing me towards something I never really wanted. Of course, some of the things I sang were controversial, to say the least, but I managed to get popular regardless. So much so that Lucifer himself was really interested in me.

And...well...you know the rest of what happened.

I might have lost a lot when I fell, but I never lost my passion for singing, and I had the most beautiful voice among all the Ring Lords. Seriously, never hear Leviathan sing. You're better off hearing a howler monkey screeching in your ears. After finishing my last performance of the night, I fed off the crowd's energy and gave a few more treats with my magic before buzzing away to the VIP section. Once I give the usual high-class partiers my attention and empty promises to attend whatever boring thing they want me to do, I sit down and sigh. Sweat is pouring down my fur, and my throat is as dry as a desert in Wrath.

"Drink?" I turn to the left to see Collin smiling at me while holding a glass of my special personal brew. I swipe it and drink the whole thing in one gulp before burping in satisfaction. "Another?"

"Yeah," I smirk as he flies off to get it. It's been a month since Collin started working for me, and he's been doing a great job. Not just with the club but also adapting to Hell. Who would have thought the little guy would find himself as a popular figure here. Maybe because he was always diligent in making everyone have a good time? Or perhaps because he was such a kind ball of fluff that you can't help but get along with him. Seriously, even Loona and Tex had come to see the guy as part of the group. And they could have been more easily impressed.

Collin returns with a drink for both of us—my usual brew for me and water for him. He refuses to drink on the job, which I can respect. We clink glasses and drink before he says, "Nice song. That was a new one, right?"

"Yeah, been working on that one for a while," I answer before taking another sip. "If it wasn't for the fact that I love clubbing too much, I'd be a full-time singer."

"Yeah, I like to sing too. There's something mystical about speaking from your heart with a song," Collin says, and my head snaps to him in shock.

"Wait, you sing?" I ask in surprise. Leaning forward with interest, I smile at him. "No shit. This is the first time I've heard this."

"Oh, well," Collin blushes as he stares at his drink, "I'm not as good as you, and I have a terrible case of stage fright. But I do like to sing on my own."

"Oh, we are so doing karaoke one day," I say as if it was a done deal. There was no way I was going to miss hearing Lambchop here sing. I then play with his halo, and he blushes as I tease him, "Sweet, cute, hardworking, and can sing. You're a regular Hasbro doll, aren't you, Collin?"

"I'm not a doll," Collin huffs, rolling his eyes. I just giggle and finish my drink. "Anyway, the good news is that the private parties are all done, and we're cleaning them up right now. The bad news is that we're out of Budburner , and Bar Seven's taps are still not working.

"I thought we fixed that last night," I grumble at my repair crew's incompetence. "As an apology, I'd like to offer those at the table a discount on any other liquor."

"Already did so," Collin replies with a smile.

"You're amazing," I smirk and pinch his cheek, which makes him blush before he swats it away. So what are you going to do on your day off?"