Knowing The Ropes

Chapter Text

Hiring Collin came with much controversy from my staff, which I had expected the moment I told them. Many of them didn't like the idea of taking orders from an angel, but I told them this was my decision, and if any of them didn't like it, the door was right there. None of them moved to leave because there wasn't a better place they could work than at my club in Gluttony. When it comes to pride and paychecks, most people pick the latter over the former. That's one of the few things Mammon has ever said that wasn't completely full of shit agreed with.

I wait at the entrance with my staff, getting ready for tonight. Collin isn't going to be working right away straight out of the blue. He needs to get a feel of the place, the layout, the atmosphere, and the workers before he starts managing. And even then, he'll be an assistant manager. My club is my club. I own it, rule it, and decide what it does and when it happens. So if I want to start an orgy in the middle of the dance floor while sprinkling cocaine in the air and having us fuck to Bad Company's "Feel Like Making Love," then I'll do it.

Note to self. Try that next weekend.

Collin arrives and looks nervous despite his attempt to give me a calm smile. "I'm here."

"Right on time," I say while checking my phone. "Good. I like it when people are on time or five minutes early. Now, before we begin, do you have any questions?"

"Yeah, what days and times do you operate?" Collin asks as we walk around the central area of the club.

"We're open Thursday to Monday from 6PM to 2:30 AM. Tuesday and Wednesday are our days off unless there's something big going on or a special request," I explain while showing him the central area. "This is where the magic happens. We have 20 different bars on all four levels, each with plenty of liquor to kill Hannibai's war elephants. Before you ask, yes, we do ask for ID here and ensure there is no underage drinking. We don't allow kids in here. You're 21, or you're out."

"Got it," Collin says with a sigh of relief. I guess he was afraid this would be a total no-rules place. Don't get me wrong. I'm as lax as they come, but I've learned over the millennia that sometimes you need rules to ensure fun doesn't become chaotic.

I show him the other locations around the main club room, such as the stage for DJs or musical acts. The dancing area and the giant disco ball above it are next to the stage. The VIP section is next, which is for my own personal guests or those that impress me. There are also a few private rooms around so people can have their own fun. It was hilarious seeing him blush when he saw the vending machines for birth control pills, hormone pills, viagra, ecstasy, and condoms.

"I take it that smoking and drugs are also legal here?" Collin asks as we continue with the tour.

"Yeah, but we do have a drug-free Thursday every week. Not all our partiers want to do drugs since some of them are trying out for the Hazbin Hotel," I tell him before turning around and getting serious. "However, under no circumstances is H-8 allowed here. That shit is nasty, and I won't have any fighters in here. Those fuckers can burn for all I care."

"What's H-8?" Collin asks with confusion.

"It's a drug designed to make you remember the happiest moments of your life, but it's addicting. Like super addicting, and slowly kills you. Not to mention, there is a nasty side effect where after you take it, you go a bit crazy. I used to allow it, but after a really bad high that left a few dead, I banned it here."

H-8 was pure fucking poison. I've seen good demons waste themselves into nothing using it. I was all right with people risking themselves during parties, but there was a limit. Parties are meant to be fun and exciting, not a place where you can get hurt and harm others. The worst thing is that nobody knows who sells that shit. Not even Bella knows; she knows practically every drug in the Seven Rings.