Part 3: There is More to You

Song Inspiration: Superheroes

Artist: The Script

~~~~~~~

While Sora's muscles tensed from the approaching Crossroads, she was suddenly yanked out of her thoughts from a soft roar.

The pink-haired teen stopped in the middle of the stone path. She turned to find Riyu wagging his tail happily at her.

"Riyu! Did you follow us here?" she asked, wondering how the baby dragon followed them all this way without being spotted. Sora exhaled slowly before kneeling down to pet him. She took notice that her hand was trembling.

I was so worried about Nya's reaction that I didn't even notice him.

"Aww, is he yours?" the young water master asked before kneeling down next to Sora.

The tech expert froze. She whipped her attention back on Nya and stood up quickly.

"Yeah! He's uh... a rare dog breed?" Sora tried before internally groaning at how ridiculous she sounded.

As if the ravenette could read her mind, Nya raised a brow towards her before smiling. "I've seen dragons before. You don't have to lie to me."

Sora let out a sigh while her shoulders dropped from the relief. "Okay, good, cause I really couldn't think of a good excuse for him."

Nya giggled, "I could tell." She rubbed the top of Riyu's head. The baby dragon chirped from the affection. He looked up at the young teen with recognition and leaned into the touch. "I've never seen a baby dragon, though."

"What kind of dragons have you seen?" Sora asked. She then cringed at her question, hating how much she sounded like Super-Ninja-Fan Arin, but she couldn't help it. She too wanted to know more about the ninja's past after seeing their very different, youthful selves.

And Sora especially wanted to know about Nya.

"I've only met four. The guardians who protected the Golden Weapons."

"Golden Weapons?" Sora furthered, even more lost now.

"They're these four weapons that the First Spinjitzu Master used to create Ninjago."

Sora's face then brightened. She recalled the backstory she heard when her and the others found that ghost, who told them the locations of the Dragon Cores. "Right, right! I've heard about them."

Nya stood back up to face the tech master. "It's a bit complicated, I know. I barely understand it myself, but you've seen them. My brother and his friends carry them around on their backs."

This puzzled Sora even more. She racked her brain for any memory of a 'golden weapon', but nothing popped out. She then remembered the plain sword Kai pulled out when he and Wyldfyre fought.

Is she talking about that sword? That can't be it, though. It looks nothing like the weapon she's describing.

Sora paused. She recalled the young ninja's reaction when they interacted with Cole.

They didn't even acknowledge Cole being way older than them now... Is the magic from that necklace affecting how they see the world?

"Sora?"

The tech master snapped out of her daze and found Nya staring at her. Sora gave a sheepish grin in response. "Sorry, just thinking about something... So, the guardians who protected the weapons were dragons?"

"Yeah, each of them possessed powers similar to the weapons they protected. My favorite's Flame. He's a big softie," Nya said as the two continued their walk with Riyu close behind them.