Chapter 5

He walked closer to me and grabbed both of my arms and looked into my eyes. “You need to hide. Now.” 

As the seconds passed, I could hear footsteps nearing the door. Sunoo pushed me towards the couch and crouched down with me. He had his hands on my shoulders as he glanced over at the door and then back towards me and spoke. 

“Stay put and do not move if you want to live.” 

He gave me a small smile as he squeezed my shoulders and got up, walking towards the door. Within seconds of him getting up and walking away from me, I could hear the doors slam against the walls. I could hear a small gasp come from Sunoo followed by the sound of a cold harsh voice.

“Sunoo, where is it?”

I contemplated whether or not to try to peek around the couch and quickly for it. I leaned on my arms and peered around the edge of the couch and saw a tall man standing there. His breathing was heavy and his hair was a little disheveled. His face was glistening a bit, likely because he could’ve just been running, and he looked furious. His hands were balled up into tight fists and sat at his sides. With how angry he was, I’m surprised he doesn’t have smoke coming out of his ears. I shifted my gaze over to Sunoo, he looked scared and I could see his hands shaking. 

“What are you talking about? The girl?” Sunoo’s voice came out in a nervous whisper. “N-No… I don’t know where she is…” his voice trailed off as he looked back up at the enraged man. 

The man let out a sigh and looked around the room.I quickly scooted back, but ended up bumping into the table. I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest as I saw the table wobble a little bit. I held in a sigh of relief as I cursed at myself in my mind for the dumb accident. You’re lucky that the vase didn’t fall over. 

The whole room was silent for a second before the angry man spoke once more. “What are you doing here?” His voice was much more gentle now but it still had a hint of anger in it. 

“Oh, I just wanted to come in and look at the mirrors.” In contrast to earlier, Sunoo’s voice sounded much more bubbly but it still seemed as though there was an undertone of anxiety. 

“Why?” The response was cold and terse. It was quiet in the room after he spoke, and it remained that way for what felt like an eternity until Sunoo retorted his own question back at the man.

“Why do you care so much about what I’m doing?” His voice was laced with a bit of annoyance and anger. “ And why are you looking for that girl anyways?” 

I got a sort of deja vu from the situation as the man remained quiet for a few seconds after the question was asked, likely perplexed by Sunoo. The man let out a sigh and muttered something under his breath. I heard footsteps and the sound of the doors slamming shut, signaling the man’s leaving. I got up and walked over to Sunoo. He was still standing in the same spot, his eyes fixated on the door listening intently to the slow decrescendo of the man's footsteps. 

Sunoo turned to me with a smile and spoke, “Well, he was angry.” 

I nodded at him and he let out a small laugh trying to lighten the mood. He walked towards the doors and cracked one open and poked his head out. Opening the door all the way and stepping out, he used his hand to signal me over. I came over to him and he took my hand in his and pulled me out of the room, closing the door behind me. His hand was warm, matching his personality, and the sudden action made me feel butterflies. He gave a quick smile and mouthed “Sorry” before leading me down the hallway. 

We approached a room and he opened the doors. The room was dark and was littered with old furniture and crates. Sunoo guided me into the room and looked around the hallways once more before closing the doors. He walked over to one of the couches that was covered by a plastic sheet and dust. I followed him over and watched as he took the cover off of the couch and sat down, patting the empty spot next to him signaling me to sit next to him. I sat down and turned my body to face him. 

“You’ll have to stay here for now. This is just a storage room, so nobody comes in here. It’s safe in this room.” As he spoke, his eyes never left mine and they were filled with concern. I gave him a nod and he continued on, “I’ll try to find out what he wants from you, and then I’ll come back, okay?”

I just gave him a small nod once more and he got up and walked over to the door. He stopped at the doors, one hand on a handle, and gave me a bright smile as he said “Bye.” I watched as the door closed and sat in silence staring at it. Can I really trust him?  He says he doesn’t know anything and he seems genuine… I let out an exasperated sigh and laid down on the couch. This whole situation is going to drive me nuts. What is going on? 

Hours would pass as I just laid down on that couch waiting. Waiting for that knock on the door and for Sunoo to come in and tell me what was happening. My mind was never still, constantly running around in circles trying to make sense of things. It’s all hopeless, I’m going to be stuck here until one of them finds me and… kills me. I could feel tears building up in my eyes as I thought about all the things that took place over the past two days. Eventually my thoughts wandered back to Sunoo, and a soft smile formed on my face. It was sort of comforting knowing someone else is in this with me. Even if I don’t know if I can trust him…

As I was lost in thought, footsteps approached the door slowly getting louder by the second. I heard the turning of the door handle and shot up from the couch. Is that him? I quickly got behind one of the crates that was sitting close to the couch and peeked around it. I saw a man walk into the room, it wasn’t Sunoo. Shit. I held my breath as I watched the man make his way through the room. He slowly approached the couch that I had just been on moments ago. He stood at the couch and stared at it for a second. Suddenly, his head snapped towards my direction. I gasped at the sudden movement and lost my balance. Footsteps began in my direction as my eyes darted around, desperately trying to find somewhere to hide. I tried to move my body to get away from the area, but I couldn’t. My body was frozen. I closed my eyes as the footsteps became even louder. This can’t be real. It can’t. 

I felt something warm wrap around my upper arm, followed by a hard pull and my body was lifted from the floor, tensing from the sudden movement. Once I was up, I could feel someone breathing on my face. I tried to turn away to get out of the man’s grasp, only to no avail. I opened my eyes to be face to face with the man. His features were soft and clean with large doe eyes, contrasting with his furrowed brows. I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up. The man smirked before he began to speak.

“Found you.” 

Word Count: 1,341

A.N.: Sorry for not updating last week, I got super busy with school and wasn't able to write. I'll do my best to make sure I update every week in the future!