Chapter 14

Damien

I couldn't believe it.

Kieran had asked me to be his boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

And I immediately said yes. Of course I did. I had thought about it, and there was no way in hell that I was gonna reject him. He has been nothing but kind and gentle with me. He's been everything I could want from a guy. I couldn't wait to hold hands with him, kiss him, go on dates...

But then I realized.

Are we gonna have to be a secret?

Would Kie want to tell anyone?

Shit. He probably wouldn't. Of fucking course he wouldn't. I was an idiot for even thinking he would. He hadn't even came out to anyone yet. There was no way he would come out for me. Not that I wanted him to.

No one should ever come out for someone. They should only come out for themselves. And I definitely did not intend on pushing him out of the closet before he was ready. That's an asshole move.

So I'm just going to wait until he's ready.

"Hey, Hayes, are you even listening?"

Oh. I forgot that our team was still lined up in front of our coach. He had mentioned earlier today that he wanted to talk to us about something serious.

"I'm sorry, Coach Martinez, I was kinda lost in thoughts."

"Pay attention. Anyways, as I was saying, I just now heard from a student that there was a fight between the two of our players quite some time ago." He said as he looked me, even though, I didn't remember being in a fight.

He continued. "I know that maybe some of you forgot about it or didn't even know about it, since it happened more then 3 months ago, but I'm talking about Hayes and Roux."

That was when it hit me. He was talking about the time when Andrew said some homophobic shit in the hallway and I stood up for Lily and Abby.

"I just want everyone on the team to know that I do not tolerate bullying in any way and any form whatsoever. Whether it's about appearance, opinions or sexual orientation. I hope I made myself clear enough and that I won't hear about any of my players bullying anyone. You're all free to go now." And with that, coach walked away.

Everyone was looking only at me, since Andrew ran off to God knows where.

Not everyone one the team knew about our little fight. Only some of my teammates were there when it happened and no one really talked about it, since there was no actual fighting.

Many of my teammates were whispering among themselves and I couldn't really make out what they were talking about, until Max, one of the teammates I was the closest to, spoke up.

"Why did Coach mention sexual orientation? Are you gay or something?"

I didn't respond. I really didn't know what to say to that.

I mean, I could tell them, I wasn't ashamed of being bisexual, but if I told them, the whole school would know, including Hazel and Rose. And I wanted to tell them myself. But I do believe that if I told them not to tell anyone, they wouldn't. I got along with all of my teammates except Andrew. Maybe they would understand...