Chapter 13

Kieran

Oh my god.

Just when I got to the locker room, I saw Andrew and Damien kissing.

I couldn't believe it.

I couldn't believe that Damien would move on so quickly.

Was I really nothing to him? I thought we had something. I thought there was something deeper between us than just sex.

But then he pushed Andrew off of him and Andrew turned to him with a terrified expression.

Oh.

Andrew's feelings weren't reprocicated. Thank God.

Wait... Why was I relieved? Me and Damien weren't dating. Why was I happy that he wasn't with anyone else? This was supposed to be just hookup.

But was it really?

I wasn't sure. Lately it's been a little different. We have been cuddling a lot after hooking up and he's been very caring. Shit. I was totally and royally screwed.

But that was an issue for another day.

Damien saw me looking at him and his face went pale. He immediately jumped up from the bench and sprinted out, towards me.

"Kie! It's not what it looks-"

"I know. Don't worry." I said with a smile, trying to calm him down.

"But- how do you know?" He asked obliviously.

"I saw that you pushed him away, it's okay." I smiled. "But I really didn't expect Andrew Roux to be into you, Dame." I chuckled.

Damien smiled at that. "Yeah, me neither. I don't really know what to do with this. I'm just really glad that you didn't think I was into him or something." He chuckled.

"Well, even if you were, it's none of my business really... We are exclusive only in the sexual part. You can still find yourself a boyfriend or girlfriend." It was the truth. I couldn't just keep him to myself. No matter how much I wanted to. I could not. It wasn't right. He wasn't mine.

But maybe I wanted him to be mine...

Right after I finished my sentence, Damien's smile immediately vanished, as if I said something wrong. What was up with him? I thought this was what he wanted.

"Right, haha."

That was fakest laugh if I ever heard one. Shit, did I really say something wrong?

I reached out to grab his hand. "Hey, what's up? You good, Dame?"

"Y-Yeah! Of course! I just, uhh," There was a short pause. "I actually have to go back to the field! See you tomorrow!"

He turned and started walking towards the field. It was just around the corner, so coach wasn't able to see us.

I quickly grabbed his shoulder and that stopped him in his tracks. "Wait, aren't you coming over later today?"

He often came over after his practice, it was kinda our thing.

He fiddled nervously with his fingers. "Umm, actually I can't today. I have to help my mom with something.."

"Oh, I can't come over and help too, then." This was starting to get suspicious. Did he not want to see me?

"N-no! You don't have to do that, Kie. It's just-"

I kissed him before he could finish his sentence. I couldn't help it. I wanted to figure out what's happening. I wanted to know if he'd push me away. There was no one who could see us. I checked.