10 || Tetraspis Orchid

Start from the beginning

"I feel honoured. I'm glad you called, it made my day," I admitted, looking up at the clear sky.

"I'm sure. I figured if you're making an effort to make a connection in the ways I prefer, then I should do the same. It's not fair for you to do all the work," Kamaria remarked, and something in me stirred.

"I appreciate that. To be quite honest, I love speaking to you in the middle of the night after a long day at work, even through the voice notes. You're like the little safe space I've never had," I bit my lip when she giggled.

"Stop, you're really sweet. I get excited when you call, I get the weird butterflies," now we were both laughing. I was glad I made her feel that way.

"Hm. Imagine when the time for us to wake up next to each other comes, when our soul pieces connect. I can't wait for that." I stuffed one hand in my pocket, the other holding my phone against my ear.

"I can't either. But you snore like a bear," she teased and I faked a gasp.

"I don't. In fact, I thought it was unethical of you to make me sleep on the couch when we could've shared the bed and cuddled," I scowled.

"See? That's why I made you sleep far from me. You're an affection freak," I laughed loudly, and she joined when it became contagious.

"Of course. Opposites attract, that's what they say," she hummed suspiciously and I smiled, "but anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to join me for dinner as my plus one," I said with my fingers crossed.

"Are you asking me out on a second date, Mr. Vizcaino?"

"Maybe I am," I pursed my lips. She was so unpredictable, I had to pray she agreed.

"I would love to join you—"

"Yes! I mean, yeah, yeah I'm happy." I cleared my throat and she giggled.

"The only problem is that I don't have a dinner dress," she sighed on the other end of the line.

"Don't worry about that, love. I'll get you the one you want, just send me the picture." I told her, smiling to myself when I heard her muffled squeal.

"That would be lovely. I don't want to inconvenience you though—"

"Never. You take priority over everything, Kamaria, please remember that." I said solemnly and she cooed.

"Thank you, Rareșz. So I'll see you tomorrow night?" I nodded, forgetting that we were on a call.

"Absolutely. I will be awaiting my soul partner in aching anticipation and exhilarant excitement." I murmured deeply.

"What a beautiful statement. English Lit major?"

"For a little while, yeah. It's a secret no one knows, I don't suppose I'll hear anyone except you asking me about it." My tone had a hint of sobriety, but was nevertheless playful.

"Of course. I promise I won't tell a soul," she giggled and I found myself grinning like a fucking clown.

Is this what it is like, to be lovesick and blindly infatuated?

Is this why so many suffer intense heartbreak after making someone the sole pivot of their entire existence?

"Okay, tomorrow then? I'm saying bye for sure this time," I scratched the back of my head.

"Hahah. Bye Rareșz, I'll see you tomorrow." In all honesty, I wanted to talk to her for eternity. If that was possible.

"Until then, my love." I finally cut the call, the loneliness settling back in just as quickly as it had vanished when I called her.

I returned to Miguel and Izaiah, who were deep in conversation about something until I sat back down.

"She's coming for dinner. Gonna get her a dress for the dinner," I said while opening her message, a picture of a pretty royal blue dress. That can be easily arranged, I thought as I looked for Rick's chat.

Before I could, Izaiah snatched the phone away. I gave him a glare but he only smirked.

"Stop being a fuckboy and be a man. You're going to pick the dress on your own, I'll ask Illithyia to accompany and help you." He pointed a finger at me.

"You want me to be found in a women's clothing store? The paparazzi will go nuts," my eyes widened.

"It's none of their goddamn business. You're just shopping with Illithyia, end of story." Miguel interjected, tossing me my car keys.

"You always relapse by sending Rick to do these things for you. Come on, go and learn a thing or two about shopping for clothes." Izaiah nudged me and I mumbled under my breath, rolling my eyes in the process.

"Remind me why I'm still friends with you two again?" I squinted my eyes.

"Because you have no survival skills and many fake friends. Now go before we kick your ass."

~
I lifted a short, turquoise, silk dress, insoecting it with a nod and wondering if she would like it.

"I thought she wanted royal blue?" Illithyia came up behind me, tiptoeing to take the dress from me.

"Yeah, but I can get her more than one dress, no?" I raised my brows and she broke into a wide smile.

"Is this Rareșz Vizcaino speaking? The famous bachelor who fucks twenty girls at once?"

"I've never fucked twenty girls at once,"

"Mentally."

"That doesn't count at all." I nudged her while she laughed.

"Anyway, it's so interesting to see you commit and make such an effort for this one girl. I'm sure she's gorgeous," she winked, placing the dress in our trolley.

"Very. Do you know that moment where it feels like you can't breathe or think because of the strike you get from someone's beauty?" She nodded, "yeah, that's how it feels with Kamaria."

"Wow, looks like Rareșz is down extremely bad." She smacked my bicep and I laughed. "It's so weird seeing you like this."

"Have a little faith in the playboy, come on." I sighed and she gave me a smile full of pride.

"I do. I know you're capable of forming a true love connection."

"You're a therapist. Tell me, how important is a soul connection?" I leaned against the wall.

"Very important. You need a foundation for your relationship, a foundation that isn't based on physical desires. That's why most people fall out of love or hurt one another with cheating." She explained in depth, resuming after she picked out some Monét Lingerie from the beautiful, secluded section. Lara always went all out.

"She knows what happens with guys like you, guys that the whole world wants. Guys who can't settle down with one pussy, so that's why she's doing this. Trust the process, you'll be glad it happened. There's absolutely no rush. Get to know each other better, find out what each of you want in a partner and so forth, everything will fall into place if it's meant to be."

"Gold advice for free," I mused, and she cackled.

"Of course, you're a premium member, you get many free services. I'd be happy to have a session with you both if you feel like you need one to strengthen your bond." Illithyia offered. She was one of the most supportive sister figure ever. Like the sibling I never had.

"That would be lovely, I'll ask her how she feels about it tomorrow." I nodded in thought.

"Great. Now, let's actually look for the dress she wants, not the ones you want," she snatched away the fifteenth dress I'd picked up that day.

"I could buy her every fucking blue dress in this place and let her decide," I smirked when she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Old habits really die hard for sure."