Unexpected

Alice-

I woke up to someone stroking my hair. This person was certainly not Calum because Calum breathes on me like an angry Gorilla since he's always sick. Gross I know but what can I say, I'm irresistible! Slowly turning around I see my mother who smiles down on me as she continues to stroke my hair. 

"He went out for a bit, don't know why but he did," she says referring to Calum as "He." 

"Why are you stroking my hair?," I croak. I mentally roll my eyes for sounding like shit in front of my mom.

"Do you know you used to wake me up by stroking my hair? Yeah, you were a real cockblocker at night sometimes too," at hearing her use the term "cockblocker," I trip out of bed and put on a sweatshirt over my bra. "Where are you going baby?,"

"I am," I say in the midst of putting on a pair of shoes. "going to find Calum and I would appreciate if you could babysit Nikolai."

"Oh, honey I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable it's just that I heard you use that word to Calum or was it someone else last night...," there is an uncomfortable silence between us when I realize that my Mom heard me tell Nikolai what a cockblock he was while I was about to ya know.....

"You heard that!," I whisper shout to my mom. She raises her hands up in surrender.

"I can see I'm making you uncomfortable, okay have fun with your walk," she quickly says as she kisses my cheek and scurries into the hall. After that I finish getting ready as I brush my hair and putting on my hat and sunglasses. 

Taking two steps at a time downstairs. Once outside I grab my skateboard and take the streets to find Calum. I put my phone up to my ear as I begin to hear his voice.

"Yello?," he asks.

"Hey where the fuck are you?," I ask and he chuckles over the line. Up ahead I see Vincent in his front yard playing with his dog. "I got scared that you took the baby and hitched a ride to Mexico."

Vincent notices me at that point and runs up and picks me off my skateboard. Kicks my board up and takes it. 

"Alice what just happened?," Calum asks. I mumble a string of curses as Vincent drags to his house.

"Traffic a car just got into an accident, listen we'll talk later m'kay bye," I instantly hang up and pound my fists on Vincent's back.

"Listen motherfucker get me off your back now before I really get serious," I warn him. But of course Vincent decides he's too badass for me and ignores me. Once we make it inside his house he puts me down on the couch.

"Hear me out Alice please, I'm in some deep shit right now," he says as he rubs temples which was something he used to do when he didn't know the answer to a question on a test. Right now all I can worry about is how Calum will think of this.

"So my parents have left me , so has my sister, I can't pay the mortgage for this house I'll be homeless!," he says as he paces back and forth. "I was wondering if I could live with you a bit and in return I could actually take care of Nik-k--kolia?"

"Yeah it's Nikolai," I quietly say as a tear slides down my cheek. "But you do know how difficult that would be for me, Calum lives with me."

"Wow," he says. "For someone who claims to not love him you sure do act like it."

"I'll get back to you on that offer, right now I'm just surprised that you're coming to me for this," I gulp. There are many backfires that can happen if this was to happen. Then there are many benefits like for once he will treat Nikolai as an actual human being. "You hurt me in so many ways, my trust towards you has gone down to the non-existent line."