Part Ten

I pulled the trigger, unloading the clip into Cat, watching her fall before running over to Nova. I fell to my knees and pulled her into my lap. She laid there, lifeless. Tears fell down my face as I sobbed uncontrollably.

"No! God please no!" I screamed.

I looked up at Morgan. JJ and Penelope were standing in shock. Hotch and Rossi ran up behind them. Rossi immediately pulled his phone out and dialed 911. Hotch walked over to Cat and knelt down to find a pulse. He looked back over towards Morgan shaking his head. I looked back down to Nova, wiping the blood from her face.

"How far?!" I yelled.

"Ten minutes!" Rossi shouted across the garage.

"She doesn't have ten minutes!" I yelled laying her back on the concrete, performing chest compressions.

JJ ran over with her cardigan, placing it and applying pressure to her neck. Derek wasn't far behind, using his belt to cut circulation in her leg before she bled out. Penelope stood watching, sobbing and hyperventilating. Morgan jumped up and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her back to reality.

"Baby girl, we don't have time to grieve right now. We have to keep our little sister alive until the ambulance gets here so take that beautiful scarf of yours and apply pressure to keep those babies alive." He instructed her.

She did as she was told sobbing and sniffling the whole time. I continued compressions stopping every thirty or so to check her breathing. It was faint but there. I was bottoming out, losing my pace. Hotch knelt down, pulling me away to recharge.

"Rossi! How far?!" I yelled across the garage.

He was still on the phone with the operator.

"Four minutes!" He shouted back.

I placed my hand on her stomach hoping to feel any movement. Nothing. I pushed Penelope away, examining the wound on her side, a mix of fluids pouring from her wound. I pulled her shirt above her bump wiping the area the best I could.

"Penelope, grab the bottle of patron from the backseat and use it to clean the box cutter. I'm not losing my fucking kids too!" I barked, tossing the keys to her.

After a few seconds, she handed the bottle to me and I poured it over Nova's lower abdomen and my hands. I snatched the blade from her, looking up at Hotch to stop compressions. I took a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry baby"

I quickly and intricately cut into the layers of her bump until I reached the amniotic sack. I made a few more small cuts, pulling away to reveal the first babies head. I put the blade in my mouth, using both hands to carefully pull the baby out and clamped the first cord. Penelope ran up, grabbing Hotch's jacket, scooping the baby from my arms. I could hear the ambulance in the distance, coming quickly. I went back in, cutting the second sack and cord and pulled the last baby out. Rossi ran up, pulling his jacket off wrapping the baby in it. I  closed the wound the best I could and grabbed Penelope's scarf from beside me, applying pressure for a few seconds before the paramedics ran up to us. They moved us out of the way going to work on Nova.

"Her pulse is weak but it's there. We have to fly her there. Unfortunately, we can't bring anyone in the medivac. Savannah Morgan is on call, waiting for us. Meet us there."

They rushed her over to the tarmac, loading her in the helicopter. Two paramedics stayed behind examining the babies. I stood in shock, staring at my hands, bloodied and shaking. My breathing quickened, feeling like I was in a fever dream. The sound of an infant crying brought me back.

"Spencer?"

JJ grabbed my shaking hands, meeting my gaze. I looked into her eyes, scared. Penelope and Rossi walked over to where we were standing. Morgan and Hotch were already on their way to the hospital.