27 : Broken Birthday Boy

Zacznij od początku

She places herself onto my lap straddling me, pressing kisses to my jaw as she whispers to me silent tears fall from my cheek.

"I'm here. I'm here baby."
"I'm not going anywhere."
"It's okay"

"I'm broken Liz. I don't deserve you. You need to let go of me while you can" I whisper into her hair as my arms stay attached to her waist.

"You're my broken boy." She whispers back to me  her hands massaging my hair.

"I'm not going anywhere."

⎯⎯ ୨୧ ⎯⎯

"Lizzie about what I said before-" I start, my hands caressing her hips as we stand chests touching.

"No Luke, you're not getting rid of me that easily-" I take a deep breath staring down at her - " I see you Luke Beckett, you hear me, I fucking see you"

With no hesitation I smash my lips down to hers, her lavender scent filling up the room. The only way I could tell her how much I appreciated her. How quickly I felt like I was falling for her.

"Oh wait!" She says abruptly pulling apart and rushing to her tote bag on the floor leaning against the bed frame. Pulling out a paper wrapped present she hands it to me a wide smile on her face.

"I told you I didn't-"

"Shut up. Just shut up and open it" she cuts me off her steady smile only getting brighter.

Doing as I'm told I slowly open the the present, a scrap book stares back up at me. I look back at Lizzie with one eyebrow raised.

"Open it!" She beams,

Turning the first few pages of the book I land on photos of me with friends, at the rink, all of the photos when I'm smiling, for real.

A piece of me beats with guilt as I get to the last page with letters spelling out 'many more to come', sooner or later I'm going to get drafted and I'm going to have to move.

Lizzie's going to stay and I'm going to have to move halfway across the country if I get drafted.

"Lizzie-"

"I know it's not a lot and it's cheap but-"

"Lizzie-"

"If you don't like it I can get you something else I know-"

"Lizzie I love it baby." I cut her off peppering kisses on her face tickling her,

"AH STOP" she laughs, her face glowing red as we drop onto the floor.

"I love it." I say after getting her to calm down, cupping her face I press a kiss to her lips,

"Woah hold your horses, I don't want any godchildren just yet cap"

"What makes you think you'll be the godfather" I spit back at Wyatt who stands at the door with a smug grin on his face, I help Lizzie up letting her out of my hold to say something to Wyatt.

"Come on big guy, Evie made you a cake." He waggles his eyebrows, Wyatt is the only person I've met that Ev allows to call her Evie.

I've seen how my sister looks at him but I've never said anything, I've never needed to because Wyatt knows my boundaries, knows that she's my boundary.

I've also seen the glances Wyatt gave my sister in sophomore year, I know that he broke her heart by kissing someone in front of her, I know that for him it was just an attraction but to her it was more.

I also know that's she's done.

And seeing her in the kitchen laughing with Elijah while Wyatt comes up next to her proves that to me, she might have a soft spot for him but that's it.

It's nothing like what I feel for Lizzie, tugging her closer to me I kiss her forehead as she leans into my touch.

"Happy birthday!" Elijah shouts as Eve brings out a candle lit cake with the words 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY FATASS' scribbled on it. 

"Make a wish!" Lizzie says next to me, beaming.

And that's what I do, I wish for her to stay with me forever.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

Crying while writing this🫰🔥🎀🦄😭

I went through my other story today and it was so bad...When I finish this book I'm going straight to editing 'our misfortune'