XI - exclusive

Zacznij od początku

Silence fell between them both. She didn't know how to answer his question, or rather she did but was too afraid to vocalise it. She wanted him for herself, she didn't want him as a boyfriend but in the way she did have him, she wanted it to only be her. People did it all the time, they hook up with only one person and it never has to go anywhere beyond physical; why couldn't they do that? Why did he need other girls?

"I'm not your boyfriend" He added.

"I know" She replied "I don't want you to be"

He was at least glad to hear those words fall from her lips, it wouldn't be the first time a girl he was getting with expected something more from him. He always made it clear that he wasn't one for commitment but it didn't stop girls trying to change that, thinking they can be the one to lock him down. While he had never slept with a girl as much as he had with Kat, that still didn't change his mindset.

"Then you can't get annoyed when I get with other girls" He responded.

"What if I was with other guys?" She said.

"Are you?" He asked.

"Maybe" She hummed.

Another pause. He was certain she was bluffing, if she had been with another guy then he would've known about it.

"It wouldn't bother me" He said.

She didn't believe him, she knew for a fact it would bother him. He was possessive, she knew that for a fact from how vocal he was during their encounters when he would touch and grab her all over and make her admit all the body parts that belonged to him.

"We could be exclusive" She whispered, scared for the response.

"Exclusive?" He asked as if the word itself was venom laced.

"Yeah, nothing has to change it just means we don't hook up with other people" She shrugged trying to make it appear more nonchalant.

His head immediately shook a firm no, regardless of how smoking hot Kat was, he wasn't going to become tied down in any fashion and given limitations on what he could or couldn't do.

"Not gonna happen, princess" Billy laughed "Sorry"

Her jaw stiffened, not used to being told 'no'. She was a naturally convincing person whether that was making her mom extend her curfew by thirty minutes or encouraging Steve to let her drink more of his dad's 'good scotch' from the drink's cabinet.

"Then neither is this" She retorted walking towards the living room.

Billy internally groaned, why couldn't she just let things be easy and go with the flow? Why should it matter if he's with other girls when their relationship was purely physical anyway?

"Can you not be difficult?" He asked.

Difficult?

That word caused a new level of rage to bubble up in her chest as she quickly whipped her body around to face him. A mix of her inebriation and the wet floor from all the melted ice caused her to slip right onto the cold tiles, pain shooting in her lower back and thigh immediately.

"Shit" She hissed.

Billy immediately bent down to try and help her, despite their argument he wasn't going to let her lie there helpless.

"Get off" She groaned pushing his hand and help away.

Other people in the kitchen turned their attention to the little spectacle, whispering amongst themselves and holding back laughter. Kat felt humiliated, not only in her attempts to get Billy to herself but for the fact she was lying on the floor of a kitchen covered in melted ice and soda remnants ruining the dress she was so excited to put on tonight.

"What the hell's happening?"

Steve pushed people out the way to get to Kat and lift her up with ease telling bystanders to turn their attention elsewhere and mind their business.

"Did you push her?" Steve accused Billy.

"Are you serious? Of course I fucking didn't" Billy spat "I was trying to help"

"You're an asshole" Kat groaned, pain shooting through her body as well as a pounding in her head.

Steve tried his best to keep Kat steady, her feet stumbling around as she continued to mumble incoherent words and sentences directed towards Billy; words she knew he didn't particularly earn to have thrown at him but she didn't have the control to keep her annoyance inside.

"Let me drive you home" Billy said, giving in for the night deciding he might as well make sure she's home alright.

"It's good, i'll handle her" Steve dismissed.

Steve and Billy weren't particularly close but they got on well enough so it bothered him that he was acting hostile towards him for no reason especially when he was friends with him way before Kat had even turned up into town and especially when he hadn't done a single thing wrong.

"Whatever" Billy scoffed walking away before his anger got the better of him.

Kat was happy Steve had reappeared, she didn't want to have to sit in Billy's car in awkward silence as they drove back to their street.

"Where's Nancy?" Kat asked noticing her absence.

Steve's eyes immediately averted hers, focusing on his feet as his lips pursed in an upset manner.

"I don't want to talk about her right now" He sighed.

"Did something happen?" Kat prodded.

"Just an argument" Steve replied forcing a tight lipped smile on his face "She got a little too drunk"

Kat instantly felt bad, Steve was her closest friend here and he was having his own problems yet all she was focused on was herself and her inability to tie down the biggest player in the school and now he was having to deal with her and her antics too.

"I'm sorry, Steve" Kat replied.

"It's okay, let's just get you home huh?" He smiled.

She nodded her head and he led them out the busy house, weaving in and out of bodies as she tried to ignore Billy in the corner who was already chatting up a different girl with his back to her once again.

—————-

vote and comment for quicker uploads <3