Chapter 10

2 weeks later...

Anna paced up and down the ensuite bathroom in Harry's room, biting her nails nervously while glancing at the five test sticks sitting by the sink. The five minutes should be up soon. Anna felt bile rise up her throat and sat on top of the toilet, shaking. She'd been sick most mornings for the past two weeks since Christmas but kept it quite from Harry, not wanting to worry him. She had sneaked out of work during her break that day to buy the tests from a smiling cashier that had beamed at her saying, "Good luck." Anna had almost cried there and then. What if they came back positive? What would she tell Harry? Would he leave her? Would he stay and help her? She wiped the tears building up in her eyes and startled when the timer on her phone rang. She jumped up and ran to the sink peering down at the tests. Two pink lines. Every single one had those two little lines Anna had dreaded to see. She sunk to the floor, unable to stop a sob escaping her as she curled up, 'No. No. No. This can't be happening!' She thought as she rocked herself back and forth, hoping for this nightmare to go away. She lifted her head and wiped the tears away with the back of her hand, getting shakily to her feet as she shoved the tests into a plastic bag and splashed water in her face. She couldn't tell Harry yet. Defiantly not. She walked out the bathroom, sighing in relief when she found Harry still wasn't home. She quickly stuffed the clothes she had left over there into a bag and grabbed her keys. She shoved the tests inside the bag and zipped it up, biting her lip and looking at the pad of paper and pen on Harry's bedside table. Quickly, she grabbed the pen and scribbled I'm sorry on the paper before rushing out of the room and out the front door as fast as she could. Just when she reached the lobby doors of Harry's building, she saw his car pull up in the private parking lot under the building. Thankfully, he didn't seem to notice her as she slipped away and quickly hailed a taxi, taking her away from the large apartment block and to her own home.

Harry quickly unlocked the door, grinning widely, "Anna? I'm back!" He called, waiting for her to answer back. But the heavy silence remained. He frowned and walked through the large apartment, "Anna? Baby, where are you?" He called again. He then glanced in the direction of his room, 'Maybe she's asleep.' He thought, walking towards his room and slowly opening the door. He peeked inside and frowned deeper to see the bed still perfectly made, Anna no where in sight. He quickly opened the bathroom door, "Anna?" Nothing. He ran his fingers through his hair and pulled his phone from his pocket, quickly dialling her number and waiting for her to pick up. The ringing seemed to go on forever before it finally was broken by her angelic voice, "Hey."
"Anna where-"
"I can't answer your call right now, try again later, sorry." Her voicemail continued before there was a high pitched beep and Harry hung up angrily. Where the hell was she? He sat on his bed, sighing heavily while his heart began racing in panic. He rubbed his forehead in frustration while thoughts swam around his head, making him dizzy, 'Was she kidnapped? Did someone come up here and take her away? Did she leave me? No she wouldn't do that. Right?' He lifted his head again, seeing something written on his pad from the corner of his eye and looked over, "I'm sorry?" He murmured to himself. Fear rose up in his chest, had she left him? He sunk back onto the bed, not able to think of anything else other than the aching pain where his heart was. Did he do something wrong? Did she not love him? Was she only in it for his money? His fists clenched from that thought. No. Anna wasn't like that. Not one bone in her body was bad enough for her to be the gold digger type. She was too sweet and caring to be like that. He sighed again, pulling at the hair on the sides of his head in confusion, what had made her leave?! He looked up when something on the bathroom floor caught his eye. He frowned and stepped into the bathroom, kneeling down and picking up a face down stick. His eyes widened when he realised it was a pregnancy test stick. With his heart jumping into his throat, he turned it over and stared at the pink lines that were present. Not knowing what they meant, he hunted around for the box, finding it by the sink, she must've forgot to hide it. Harry gulped as he looked at the sides and bottom of the box to see where the meaning for the results were. He finally found them on the bottom and almost fell back on the toilet in shock. Pink meant positive. Pink. Meant. Freaking. Positive! Harry dropped the box and test, collapsing onto the floor and staring at them in bewilderment, "Holy shit what did I do to her?" He murmured, slightly relived that Anna had most likely run away because she was afraid of his reaction. He was going to be a father. A smile began to spread across his face before he shook his head fiercely, "What am I thinking? Am I even ready to be a father? There's no way I'm capable to taking care of a tiny human being!" He gulped, panicking once again. This is how Anna must've felt when she found out. Harry shot to his feet again, picking up his phone and calling her once more. This time, it went straight to voicemail, it angered him to know she had rejected his call but left a message anyway, "Anna? Please answer me, I need to talk to you. Where are you? Please baby, please pick up." He choked, waiting for her to answer him. When she didn't he sighed sadly and hung up, dropping his phone onto his bed. Perhaps she just needed space?

Once Harry's message ended, Anna burst into tears, sobbing so much it began to hurt her lungs. But she couldn't calm down. She had just left the man she was completely in love with, while pregnant with his child, without even telling him. She felt like the worst human being on the planet. He deserved the right to know. He had the right to know! After all, he was the father. But she couldn't face the feeling of him turning his back on her in disgust and leaving her to fend for herself and the baby. She stared up at her living room ceiling, there was still one more option... No! Anna shook her head fiercely while placing a hand protectively over her stomach, no way was she going to kill the tiny little blip inside of her. She couldn't bring herself to do so, it felt like murder and it would break her heart even more. Anna sighed, sniffling and picking up her phone, dialling the only person she knew she could talk too, taking a deep breath while the phone rang before she finally picked up, "Hey Anna."
"Mom." She sobbed, "I messed up. I messed up huge and I don't know what to do." She cried. Carol shushed her soothingly from the other end of the line, "Sweetheart what happened? Did something happen between you and Harry? Did he hurt you?"
"No. No he didn't hurt me." Anna sobbed, hugging her knees to her chest.
"Then what is it? What has you so hysterical honey?" Carol's concerned voice made her break even more. Anna took in a shaky breath before finally answering her mother's question, "I'm pregnant."
The line fell silent for a while, causing Anna's heart race to pick up, "Mom?"
"You're pregnant..." Carol's voice sounded low. Anna gulped, 'Shit, she's mad.' But answered back in a small voice none the less, "Yes."
"Anna Samantha Barnes, I did not raise you that way!!! How dare you do this to yourself!" Carol yelled down the phone. Anna choked back a sob and cried into her knees, "I know Mom. I know. I'm so sorry." She hiccuped, barely getting the words out. Carol sighed on the other end of the call, calming herself down. The last thing her daughter needed was her mother to be screaming in her ear, "And you're sure your pregnant?"
"Yes. I did five tests and they all came back positive."
"Does Harry know?" Carol asked, speaking softly to try and soothe her daughter's hysteric sobbing. Anna shook her head, "No. I couldn't tell him Mom. What if he left me? What if he turned his back on me and thought I was a slut? I can't handle that." She confessed, crying even harder. Carol shushed her until Anna was only sobbing quietly before she finally spoke, "Anna, he deserves to know sweetheart. It is his child after all."
"I know. I just don't know if I can face him right now." Anna sniffed.
Carol hummed in understanding, "It'll be hard to face him, but he may not turn away from you. Anna, the look his had in his eyes every time he looked at you during Christmas, is the look your father has given me ever since we met and which I give back. That right there honey is pure and utter love. No way he would leave you. He loves you Anna, don't ever doubt that."
Anna screwed her eyes shut and nodded, "Ok. Thank you Mom."
"It's ok darling. I'm here for you ok? Any problems, call me alright?"
Anna nodded, "Yeah. I promise."
"Ok. I'll talk to you tomorrow, make sure you tell Harry ok?"
"Ok, bye, I love you." Anna smiled, wiping her eyes.
Carol blow a kiss down the phone, "I love you too sweetheart, take care of my grand-baby." She said before the line went dead. Anna sighed, feeling slightly better after her talk with her mother, but nothing could smooth out the nerves she felt knotting in her stomach at the thought of facing Harry tomorrow. 

A/N: well damn, Anna got herself into some trouble. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and like the story so far, please leave a comment to tell me what you think, byeeeee