Chapter 8

The next morning, Anna awoke to a tickling feeling on her nose. She groaned before she rubbed her nose and slowly drifted back to sleep only for the tickling feeling to return. She forced her heavy eyelids open and saw a string of red tinsel before her. She pushed it aside and came in contact with a pair of sparkling blue eyes. Harry grinned and wrapped the tinsel around Anna's head as a headband, "Merry Christmas angel."
Anna smiled, "Merry Christmas." She said with a sleepy voice. Harry leaned forward and kissed her forehead, "Too early?" He chuckled.
"Extremely." Anna yawned. She felt the bed dip on his side and turned over just as the smell of hot chocolate hit her nose. Harry smiled and held out an ice blue mug with snowflakes and snowmen decorating it. Anna sat up and slipped her hands around the warm mug, "Thanks."
"You're welcome." He smiled, tucking his legs under the thick warm quilt cover, and shuffled closer to let Anna curl up to his side. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and twirled a lock of her hair, "Looking forward to your family coming?"
Anna nodded, "Yeah, but they come with warnings." She grinned. Harry nodded taking a sip of his own hot chocolate, "Ok, hit me."
"My mom is a total sucker for romance so she's gonna be bugging you about being my first boyfriend for a while. My cousins have an endless amount of energy so it'll probably be best to hide anything fragile. And finally, my dad."
Harry gulped, "He's the 'stay away from my daughter' type isn't he."
Anna shrugged, "Pretty much, but more of the 'you break my baby's heart, I'll break you punk' kind."
Harry sunk a little, "That's urrr... Comforting."
Anna giggled softly and leant her head on his shoulder, "I doubt you have anything to worry about. You're a grown man and my dad respects people with a good reputation."
Harry pressed his lips to her hair, "Makes me feel a little better, what does he like?" He asked. Anna thought for a second, "Well, he loves baseball and is a huge fan of the Yankees-" she then narrowed her eyes at Harry, "Why are you asking?" She smirked.
Harry blushed, "What? I want to get on his good side. It isn't usual for the guy to try and get along with the father so they don't get killed?"
Anna laughed hard and buried her face in his chest, trying to muffle her loud laughter, "You think my dad will kill you?" She giggled then lifted her head, still laughing softly and kissed his cheek making him blush. She smiled, "You'll be fine. If I'm there, he won't do anything, the worst would be the stare."
"The stare?" Harry laughed softly.
Anna nodded and sipped some of her hot chocolate, "Yep, he stares you down and tries to make you uncomfortable. My first boyfriend said he had nightmares after for a couple days."
Harry sighed, "Not really helping."
"I'm kidding, you'll do great."
Harry pouted at her, "Promise?"
Anna nodded, "I promise." She smiled. Harry leaned down and pecked her lips before shuffling further under the quilt and rested his head on Anna's stomach, "Well, sounds like I'm gonna have to share you so I'll just make the most of having you all to myself for now."
Anna giggled and set her mug down on the bedside table before she started running her fingers through his hair. Harry sighed contently, "Feels nice."
Anna grinned and poked his nose making him moan, "Hey."
She giggled as he turned his head and nuzzled her stomach, making her squeal, "No stop! I'm ticklish there. Quit it!"
Harry stopped and rested his hands on her hips and pressed his chin on her stomach, "You love it though."
Anna poked her tongue out at him playfully. Harry tutted and stood on all fours above her, "Now now Miss Barnes, that wasn't very mature."
Anna winked, "You love it though."
Harry grinned and kissed her softly on the lips, "You have no idea how much I do sweetheart."
Anna blushed and poked his shoulder, "Stop making me blush."
Harry pretended to think about it, "Hmmmm, no." He grinned, kissing her again over and over. Anna smiled against his lips and ran her fingers through his bed tussled hair. Harry drew back and grinned, "Come on, I need a hand."
Anna raised an eyebrow as he pulled her hands softly, "A hand for what?"
Harry lead her to the living room for her to see a half finished tree and a bunch of presents on the sofa waiting to be put in their places under the tree. Harry gave her a sheepish grin, "I'm not good with tree decorations."
Anna giggled and squeezed his hand, pulling him to the tree, "Good thing I'm a pro at it then I guess."
Harry grinned and hugged her from behind as she rewound the golden and red tinsel circling the tree. He kissed her shoulder before turning to a box full of ball balls, reindeer figures, Santas and snowmen, along with different coloured glittering snowflakes. They spent the next 20 minutes redecorating the tree before the last thing left was the large sliver glittering star to go on top. Harry smiled, "Maybe we should leave it to your cousins to put the star up."
Anna nodded, "The youngest always puts the star on the tree." She agreed.
Harry looked at the time, "It's 10am now, they should be here in an hour or so."
Anna almost squealed with excitement at the mere thought of seeing her family before stretching, "I'm taking a shower then having a pj day." She declared, heading back to the bedroom to find her icy blue fleece pjs with white polka dots on the bottoms and a large snowflake surrounded by smaller ones on the top. Harry was leaning against the doorway watching her search for them, he grinned, "A pj day? Really?"
Anna smiled, "Every Christmas. I like chilling with my snowflakes on." She poked her tongue out again and Harry grinned even wider, "You're adorable at times, you know that?" He straightened and walked towards her, wrapping his arms around her and sweeping her off her feet causing her to yelp in surprise, "Hey! Put me down." She giggled. Harry shook his head, "Nooope." He winked.
Anna pouted then gave him a lingering kiss on the lips, "Pretty please?" She murmured giving him the best puppy dog eyes she could do. Harry groaned, "No, not the eyes."
Anna nuzzled his neck, "I'll let you share the shower with me." She said in a sing song voice. Harry purred playfully and nipped her ear, setting her back on her feet, "That's not playing fair, using my weakness against me." He sighed as she slipped out of his embrace and trailed her fingers down his arm, and over his hand. She grinned and gripped the front of his T-shirt, "Who said I was gonna play fair?" She asked before pulling him into the bathroom and closing the door behind him.