Chapter 72: The Weakest Link

Start from the beginning

"What does that even mean?" Reika questions turning to the group.

Lloyd and Skylor shrug in response. In the Realm of Oni and Dragons, the Oni were silent as they went about their day. In the main tent, the Omega was sitting in deep thought with Aria and Suromi sitting in front of her.

"I thought my own daughter a villain," the Omega says with regret "all this time... Mystic betrayed us."

"In the end you drove the wedge between you and my mother," Aria tells her "But banishment was the best thing you did for her."

"Things would've been different," the Omega mutters.

"Yes, things would've." Aria sighs "You cannot dwell on the past anymore."

"I was a fool!" the Omega throws her teacup in anger.

Suromi looks between the two before speaking "Omega, you know better than anyone that fate is a mystery indeed. You cannot change the relationship between you and Layla anymore," he looks at Aria "but you have a chance to make amends with her daughter."

The Omega turns to the two and looks at Aria, who sat there with a blank look.

"What did you truly come here for child?" the Omega asks "Surely, righting your mother's wrong was not your intention?"

"Not entirely," Aria replies "but to me, my mother was everything. Or so I thought, when i was younger."

The Omega slowly walks over and sat down in front of Aria "If it is within my power, I will do what I can for you, my grandchild."

"As you know, I am an Oni." Aria says, "I, however, do not know the extent of my own power."

"Then perhaps," the Omega smiles slightly "we can help."

Meanwhile, in Ninjago, Lloyd is looking at the Colossus. Nya, Reika, Skylor, and Mistaké soon join him.

"You're wearing green again," Lloyd comments as he turns to Reika.

"Harumi gave me a lot to think about, about how this will end." Reika sighs "Harumi said I was unable to change" she turns to Mistake "but you said to defeat what my sensei's become, I would have to change. Well, I'm ready."

"For what exactly?" Nya asks, "To change?"

"I have to be ready to accept that I may never get my power back" Reika answers.

Nya looks worried "Reika—"

"It's okay, I'm not afraid. Power is never lost; it's only given away when you don't think you don't have any" Reika turns to Mistake again "You also said that."

Mistake chuckles and sighs "Wise words. I should talk more often."

"Yeah, don't get ahead of yourself." Lloyd mutters.

Mistake smacks him on the head, catching the others by surprise.

"Ow!" Lloyd turns to her "What was that for?!"

"I'm still your mother you brat," Mistake scolds.

"Are you or are you not my mother?!" Lloyd questions with a whine "Make up your mind."

Mistake chuckles "You know I won't."

"Old bat," Lloyd grumbles.

"Reika, if you go after Garmadon... we've seen what that thing can do." Nya says gesturing to the Colossus. "We barely survived the last time."

"We don't need to cower from it when we can control it" Reika replies.

"But it's controlled by my father's power," Lloyd comments.