The man who now held the soft drink can was none other than Kim Rok Soo, a figure in his late 30s with intense reddish-brown eyes.

As well as Kim Soo Yeon's legal guardian, her beloved Uncle (Samcheon).

"Kim Soo Yeon, you have grown up already, huh? You even skipped the last class and came here all alone. If I don't receive a phone call from your homeroom teacher, I will be fooled till the end."

His gaze, filled with a blend of love and exasperation, lingered on the disobedient 10-year-old child who had sought sanctuary in Jung Yeon Hwa's arms.

Jung Yeon Hwa, a bit surprised by the man's words, lifted the child in her arms to take a closer look at her.

"Soo Yeon, what your Uncle said is true? You came here alone?"

The probing silver eyes of the lady sought an honest answer. Kim Soo Yeon, guiltily silent, avoided making eye contact with her.

Meanwhile, Kim Rok Soo interjected again, tapping the can in his hand for emphasis.

"And how could you give a carbonated drink to the patient?"

His tone was firm but not harsh, highlighting his concern for Jung Yeon Hwa's well-being.

Kim Soo Yeon, her innocent reddish-brown eyes mirroring her uncle's, widened, and she innocently asked.

"...This drink is bad for Unnie?"

She looked so pitiful that the man couldn't help but pat her head.

"Jung Yeon Hwa is still recovering; she needs to control her sugar intake. How about buying something else? There is a convenience store down there."

Kim Rok Soo picked her up effortlessly, allowing her to stand as he tidied up the wrinkles of her dress and handed his card to her.

As she obediently received it, he added.

"By the way, didn't I tell you to call Jung Yeon Hwa 'Aunt' instead of Unnie?"

Kim Soo Yeon walked away playfully responding.

"The beautiful lady is always Unnie! I will go now, Uncle, Unnie!"

Her innocent laughter echoed through the hospital garden as she made her way to the convenience store, leaving Jung Yeon Hwa and Kim Rok Soo behind.

The two adults observed the lively departure of the little girl with fondness.

Left alone, an awkward silence settled between them.

Kim Rok Soo, the man with reddish-brown eyes and a bit of a scarred appearance, rubbed the back of his neck.

His gaze briefly met the lady beside him, her long, flowy black hair cascading down her shoulders in contrast to her patient's white outfit.

The lady noticed his movement and greeted him politely.

"How have you been, Young Master Cale-nim?"

If their respective team members were to see them, they would be shocked, as the relationship between 'Kim Rok Soo' and 'Jung Yeon Hwa' they knew was not this stiff.

However, the current souls inhabiting their bodies were not their true owners.

The soul inhabiting 'Kim Rok Soo's' body spoke up awkwardly.

"...At ease. You don't need to treat me like this. I am not the eldest son of the noble house, Cale Henituse, anymore."

Jung Yeon Hwa's current occupier, the soul within Kim Rok Soo's body, replied with a touch less formality.