Suncatcher

"Team Leader Jung."

"Oh, Assistant Leader Kang. Have you finished packing up? Director Park is really losing his mind as he's aging. How can he send us to this place while there are still ongoing missions out there?"

Team 1 of the Healer Team belongs to Jung Yeon Hwa which is the best healer team in Disaster Prevention and Civilization Protection Company.

Director Park has sent several vital team members including herself, the Team Leader to the Central Shelter conference to 'show off' the company's standing.

Anyone in the company especially the team leaders was hearing the reason unutterable baffled by his shamelessness.

Originally, the one who should be in her place was Team Leader Lee of Attacking Team 1 but the company received an unexpected mission.

The report that they received mentioned only several monsters of Grade 3 and less than five Grade 2 monsters appeared.

Even though this mission could be considered easy to be cleared by Team 1 of the Attacking Team, it's appropriate for Jung Yeon Hwa's healer team to be with them.

Nevertheless, the director keeps insisting that she's the one who should replace Lee Soo Hyuk's absence from the conference.

As she attended it, she realizes this was ridiculous and decided to go back right away.

The meeting is not about society even less regarding the citizen.

They just calculated their profits and her team was only an act of intimidation or a warning for other companies and guilds.

Now, she's packing her stuff after ordering the other team members to do the same thing to return.

"...Team Leader Jung."

"Kang Ha Joon, look at me straight. What's up with you? You look so pale. Did something happen?"

"Jung Yeon Hwa-sunbaenim, what I am going to say to you, please brace yourself."

"What is it?"

The moment Kang Ha Joon opened his mouth.

Jung Yeon Hwa's mind was blank.

She could only decipher a few things from his words.

Team Leader Lee Soo Hyuk. Choi Jung Soo-sunbaenim. Attacking Team 1 annihilation. The appearance of unranked monsters.

She tried to be calm but her trembling voice betrayed her.

"...Everyone? No one survives?"

"No. Except for one person. The only one who survives."

"Who? Who is this person, Ha Joon-ah?"

Without realizing it, she gripped her Assistant Leader's sleeve desperately like that person that he was going to mention is her last hope.

Kang Ha Joon noticed his Team Leader's slight tremor in her hands, yet he pretended to not notice it out of respect for her.

He uttered the name calmly like he always did to that person.

"Kim Rok Soo-sunbaenim. He's the only survivor in this tragedy."

"...Rok Soo-ssi."

"Yes, ma'am."

She let go of her grip and absentmindedly gave orders to her Assistant Leader to handle the other team members.

Her state at that time was like her body lost its soul.

Without even realizing it, she's already at the funeral in a black dress.

It's drizzling that day.

Only she and the man in a completely black outfit who stood in front of his deceased team members' portraits all alone didn't use the umbrella to get away from the rain.