Ecto

"Okay Little Petal, let's talk about Ecto." Stone said, while Break was out shopping for clothes for the youngest Skeleton to wear.

"Eto?" Solace tilted their head to the side.

"Ecto." Stone slowly said to them. "You forgot the 'c' Little Petal."

"Ectooooo..." Solace slowly said.

"Yes Little Petal, Ecto." Stone smiled.

"Wha?"

"What is it?" Stone asked Solace, and the younger Skeleton nodded their head. "Ecto is many things, but the most simple explanation is that Ecto is a coating of Magic that covers our bones, and allows one to change how they look."

"Magic!"

"Yes, it is Magic, and a rather discreet way to train it. You know how you can't feel below your thighs?"

"Mmh!"

"Ecto may help us figure out what's wrong, and what we need to do to treat it."

"Wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong with you Little Petal. It just happens sometimes, some Monsters aren't lucky, like Break and his skull, he's blind in one eyesocket because he wasn't lucky."

"Unlucky legs?"

"They seem to be so far, but this is why Ecto is important. Ecto may fix the unlucky legs."

"Fix?"

"It will give us a hint to figure out what to do to help you."

"Help?"

"Don't worry Little Petal, I can provide the spark that will summon your Ecto for you, until you learn how to light that candle on your own... And how the Ecto settles on your bones can actually say a lot about your health, and it will show me where you need help."

"Mmh!"

"Now, hold still." A spark of dusky pink Magic appeared in Stone's hands. "This may tickle."

Solace giggled when the spark of Magic was placed on their chest, causing similar lilac sparks to erupt from their Soul. These sparks spread across their body, leaving trails of lilac Magic behind them. "Eto!"

"Yes Little Petal, this is your Ecto." Stone smiled as the Ecto finished appearing around Solace's bones, and it started to become solid. "Now, let's see what we have here..."

Stone performed a series of examinations on Solace's body, getting the younger Skeleton to move what they could of their limbs, but he stopped when he found something interesting in the Ecto around their thighs.

'Okay... This isn't normal... Something is wrong...' Stone thought to himself. 'The Little Petal definitely needs to see Sci after their appointment with me...'

"Wrong?" Stone was knocked out of his thoughts when Solace poked him. The younger Skeleton had a worried look on their face.

"No... Nothing's wrong Little Petal... Everything is okay." He told them.

"No wrong?"

"Yeah..." Stone tore his eyelights away from what he had found. "No wrong."

"Ya!" Solace cheered, with a happy look on their face, but when they weren't looking, Stone's attention was drawn back to the Ecto around their thighs...

It was only a few shades off, but the Ecto below their thighs was not the same colour as the Ecto above their thighs, the two colours seemed to be mixing themselves together where the Mana, and Lay, lines would be on their bones.

Stone had seen many Ectos, he knew that some Skeletons had Ectos with more than one colour, but they didn't look like this...

Something was wrong, and he didn't know what it was.