Stone

This one is, so far, the longest chapter of this story, but I have a very good reason for this.

This is actually the first big lore chapter, where I can go into detail about the current setting of the story, and explain a few things, like who Break and Stone are, what's going on right now, and just set the scene for future chapters. I need to start working on the world that Solace will have to learn how to navigate, if they want to survive...

----

Stone sighed, as he listened to Break explaining to Solace what the Council was. 

He closed his eyesockets as he started to remember what things had been like...

Once, everything was peaceful, as it could get in a Warverse. Ink had explained that it meant that they were more likely to use violence to talk things out, and they left it at that.

After all, with Ink's faulty memory, it was better to not ask for all of the details, and it would be difficult for him to remember all of the finer details, so they just stuck to what was easier to remember.

Unfortunately, this caused problems too, especially when it involved beings like Error talking about 'balances'... He often compared whatever the fucking thing, that he and Ink shared, to the cycle of Life and Death.

At first, no one believed him, after all, they didn't have any proof that they existed.

But there was no proof that it didn't exist either...

The question was so complex that it led to a lot of powerful skeletons sitting down, to just talk about it.

Surprisingly, this had an effect on the worlds that existed outside of these talks. They slowly shifted from talking about the possibility of 'balances', to talking about conflicts in AUs, and between different groups, and eventually, they surprisingly switched to them just being calm moments, where every Skeleton there could just put their weapons down, and talk, slowly breaking down barriers that had been thrown up by constant wars and battles.

Of course, there was times where they could fall into old habits, and the fighting would start again, and sometimes, it felt like they did it on purpose, just to deal with excess energy that had no where to go...

He had loved those meetings. It gave him a chance to discreetly court the Skeleton that he had fallen in love with so long ago, and even now, he was still courting the same skeleton, even if things had changed so much that both of them weren't who they used to be.

He couldn't believe that Break was just that obvious... Even after his broken spirit had finally taken his body back from the minor parasite that had tried to kill him, when he was a kid, and had used his body as a host for centuries. His Soul was his own now, even though he was still slowly recovering from the possession, all these years later.

Stone had seen a glimpse of him when he had managed to gain control over his body, for a few minutes, during one of his minions's raids on his AU. He had found a lost child, and was helping them find somewhere safe to hide, but just as quickly as he had taken control over his body, the moment that the child was safe, Stone had silently watched as Break was forced back under, as the corruption regained it's control over it's host.

Over time, they had run into each other, a lot, during some of the times when that had happened, and as Break grew older, he was able to remove the corruption from his body, and give it a chance to grow up. They were actually about the same age, or the skeleton equivalent of it, they had just been forced to grow up too fast to deal with a world that wasn't fair.

Stone with his underground revolution against the royals of his AUs, when he found too many holes in their official reasons to turn his AU into what it had become, and Break, a Dryad Skeleton that had to endure periods of being frozen in time, as some worm Parasite used his broken body, as a host, to carve a path of Negativity through their Multiverse...