xxi ━ the eighth

-ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

REBECCA left quickly, she didn't stay to chat or to tell her story.

Her dagger came back to her, so she clung to her weapon for dear life, as the only form of protection (apart from being mean) she had.

People stared at Rebecca as if she were an exotic animals they couldn't find in any normal zoo, she glared at them.

Some people tried to talk to her, tried to congratulate her for the quest or try to figure her out.

She just looked at the blankly and left.

Chiron had found her deep into the forest, where there was plenty of sunlight.

Rebecca carved her initials in a tree, but she didn't turn around to face Chiron.

He sat beside her in his horse form.

"Rebecca Aldridge," she continued carving. "Or the eighth." That made her stop.

She finally faced him. "What do you want?"

"Talk."

"I don't want to talk with you, or anyone else for that matter."

"Jason was looking for you, do you want to talk with Jason?"

"No." But Rebecca was curious about the whole eighth thing. "What do you mean the eighth?"

Chiron smiled, for the first time Rebecca realised how old he really was.

"You know about the prophecy of the eight, don't you?"

"Yes, everyone knows about it."

"Originally it was the prophecy of the seven. The fates said it so, but when Gaea found out about a Prophecy to destroy her she had to do something."

"The eighth."

"Exactly, a child of Gaea in the prophecy would tip the balance in her favour. The child should help destroy the other seven."

"How did you know it was me?"

"Easy, the eyes. I once met another demigod with the same eyes."

"What happened?"

"His stubbornness killed him." He looked at how the grass reacted to Rebecca's touch. Growing slightly longer or going greener. "Your mother gave birth to you so you could be her weapon."

"I'm nobody's weapon."

"So you say."

Rebecca wasn't very happy with the conversation. "How can I help destroy my mother?"

"Easy, you train."

"I have been training my whole life."

"Training your earth powers, you could be a real threat to your mother if you wanted to."

Rebecca knew she needed the training but she was too stubborn to admit it. "Will you train me?"

Chiron nodded. "Indeed."

Rebecca got up. "I would say it's been a nice chat, but it hasn't."