iii ━ shecagoo shecagoo

-ˏˋ°•*

Rebecca wasn't scared of many things, she praised herself for it. But extroverts... she couldn't understand them.

Leo Valdez was a clear example of someone she couldn't understand at the beginning, he was funny, lifting the morale, he had hopes they would find Jason quickly.

But Rebecca realised it was a facade, much like her, she pushed people away so they couldn't hurt her, he reeled people in so they couldn't really see him.

Rebecca was quiet by nature, she wasn't funny, or kind- she wasn't mean but she just wasn't bothered enough.

Why should she? Nobody had helped her.

Much alike her friend Ethan, who of course, was dead.

Most of her friends were dead anyway.

They walked while Leo talked happily, Rebecca listened.

Leading the group was Piper that was looking frantically for Jason, of course he wasn't dead (he couldn't be).

"You don't have to smile and laugh if you don't want to." She said, for her it was simple not to.

He looked oddly at her. "Huh?"

"If you don't feel like smiling or cracking jokes when the situation is horrible don't."

He smiled and slung an arm around her neck. "Then who would be the funny one?"

She sighed, extroverts. "It's not your job to make people feel less shitty when you feel shitty yourself- but whatever floats your boat."

Rebecca felt stupid, why on earth was she taking so freely? She usually kept her opinions to herself.

Maybe it was Leo, he was so easy to be around, he hadn't left her at Wannabe Elsa's (Khione) or came back for her, even though she suspected it was for Piper.

Still she clutched to that hope.

"I like being the funny one, Jason is the leader, Piper is the brave one and you..."

"Me?" So she was part of the group, or at least for Leo she was.

"You're the strategist, the cynical we need in the group."

She laughed, gods, she never thought of that to be a positive quality.

He smiled and Rebecca didn't push his arm away.

Jason's eyes snapped open. "Cyclops!"

"Is that how you charm women?" Rebecca sat behind him on the bronze dragon, holding his waist to keep him balanced since she was the strongest.

He blushed ever so slightly in embarrassment, nobody noticed but he felt it.

Leo sat in front, driving and Piper right behind Leo. They flew peacefully through the winter sky as if nothing had happened.

"D-Detroit," Jason stammered. "Didn't we crash-land? I thought-"

"It's okay," Leo said. "We got away, how you feeling?"